What's new

RT-ac86u - printer doesn’t connect in wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StefanoN

Regular Contributor
Hi
Since I installed the 384.14_2 version on my rt-86u (it is the node of aimesh) my hp printer no longer connects to the wifi created by the router or to an aimesh client (the AiMesh client is a rt-68u with stock firmware) :(.
I can connect it to another ssid generated by an AP (then the printer is ok).
The wpa2 type ant the password is the same of the router and AP, only the ssid is different. There are no active filters on the router.
Has anything changed in the rt-ac86u's wifi software?
Thanks

If it is just your printer that is having issues, try fully resetting it (or at least its networking section, if possible).

Now it should connect to the original SSID just fine.

Btw, that SSID is at least 8 alphanumeric characters with no punctuation, special characters or smiley faces, correct?

If it is just your printer that is having issues, try fully resetting it (or at least its networking section, if possible).

Now it should connect to the original SSID just fine.

Btw, that SSID is at least 8 alphanumeric characters with no punctuation, special characters or smiley faces, correct?
Hi
Already tried to reset the printer. The ssid name is the same that I have been using for years and the password too (all without special char or other). I tried to connect the printer to another wifi network and it connected without problems (wifi not generate from my router) This is the only device that hasn't connected to wifi since I updated the router.
Thanks

Long-time lurker, first post on SNB. Thanks to all for your helpful tips.

If you haven't already done so, try splitting the wifi network between the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, give the two networks different SSIDs and assign the HP printer to the 2.4 network (with 11 as the control channel).

That worked for me.

My source for the advice is a supervisor at the HP support line, as well as this post on the HP support pages.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Trouble-connecting-printer-to-wifi/td-p/7359668

In this case the OP's printer doesn't support 5GHz.
Hi
I waited two days to be sure. Now the printer connects, what did I do to fix ... I only restarted the rt-Ac68u, it is an aimesh node (not the router). I don't understand the solution ... but it worked.:rolleyes:
P.s. The Ac68u is with the last version of the stock firmware.
Thanks to all.