What's new

RT-AX86U admin shows factory settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abbas

Occasional Visitor
I had set up my AX86U and everything is working fine. But when I try to log in to admin today, it's as if the router has been factory-reset. It takes me to the screen to set up the Wi-Fi connection and my ISP etc. But the weird thing is that the router is working fine with my SSID working and all devices connected to it can access the internet.

Has anyone seen this before?

Which firmware?
You did change the administrative user to something other than admin?
Might be best to hard factory reset and reconfigure manually.

No, have not seen that before.

I had set up my AX86U and everything is working fine. But when I try to log in to admin today, it's as if the router has been factory-reset. It takes me to the screen to set up the Wi-Fi connection and my ISP etc. But the weird thing is that the router is working fine with my SSID working and all devices connected to it can access the internet.

Has anyone seen this before?

Did you reset the firmware to factory defaults before configuration from scratch? If not, I'd do that next.

OE

So a manual reboot fixed that but my node config is gone. Going to do a full reset today and set up again from scratch. For a full reset, just follow ASUS' guideline?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!