What's new

Looking for for mesh for AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yamin2000

New Around Here
Hi
I have AX86U and moving to new house looking to buy node for it or replace and make it as node
Any recommendations ?please

RT-AX86U Pro works well for me. I use Ethernet backhaul, though. If you will need to use WIFI backhaul a tri-band router and node is a good choice.

Hi
I have AX86U and moving to new house looking to buy node for it or replace and make it as node
Any recommendations ?please

Consider a Pro model that will support the next gen 3.0.0.6 firmware... AX86U Pro or AX88U Pro... and wire the backhaul to free up all WiFi for client use only.

OE

moving to new house

Move there first and see if you need another router. If yes - I would get an RT-AX86U Pro. Matching looks to what you already have, compact space saving design, tested working well by the folks above. What works well together is more important than raw specs of the new router. Look at RT-AX88U Pro only if you have already or expect to upgrade to >Gigabit ISP line and you need extra 2.5GbE port for planned wired devices with 2.5GbE LAN ports. You need an extra 2.5GbE switch for that. Don't pay extra for something you don't need or have no plans to use. There is no futureproofing with home AIO routers.

Similarly to the above post I'd say, if/when you do this, get the 88U Pro so you can hardwire your "node" @2.5Gb without any configuration hoops. You don't "need" that if your outside feed is sub-Gb but it's /always/ handy for within-network communication.

but it's /always/ handy for within-network communication

To what other LAN or WLAN connected device? The rest of the LAN ports are Gigabit and exceeding Gigabit on Wi-Fi us highly unlikely.

Good for you, but not guaranteed for everyone. Needs stable 160MHz wide channel working and clients with 160MHz support.