What's new

RT-AX86U bricked after update Version 3.0.0.4.386.48377

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Last night I skipped the update, I downloaded it and it didn't update but the asus got into a loop, it connected and disconnected. I updated manually and it seems that it has been solved. The ax92u that I had as airmesh was lost, I don't know what happened to it. I tried to update manually

download link for that fw is down

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 150
Has anyone successfully updated to this FW?

Did everyone try updating OTA vs manually downloading from Asus.com?
I did, no issues at all, upgraded from 3.0.0.4.386.46061 to the latest FW using the manual FW upload process (downloaded FW file to local directory and then selected it in the router interface)... router did the percentage thing up to 100% and immediately showed the log-on page again.
Using in router mode.

Seems like we have a good ‘ol case of “works for some, broke the others”.
oh well…
I’m RMA-ing mine this morning.
An unfortunate stain on an otherwise amazing router. :/

Seems like we have a good ‘ol case of “works for some, broke the others”.
oh well…
I’m RMA-ing mine this morning.
An unfortunate stain on an otherwise amazing router. :/
I don't think we are allone because the fw is offline. I never visited SNB till this problem and i am not an tech savy guy.
I think its world wide. I am from Europe.
I am very curious what will be the sollution because there are no light at all on the AX86U.

Some guys at the factory en R&D are having a bad day

updated manually from merlin fw, runs normal for me.
i do have some strange entries in the log though. might just downgrade to be safe.
I have a copy of this firmware if anybody would like it. It flashed fine for me I tried numerous times it just had some strange log entries.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTS
There is no way to enter the bricked router. Its completly dead, no light on fron or back. Tried every possible way to reset and hard reset but no joy.
The got the faulty firmware offline is saw. Hope not many users are affected.

I bricked mine as well, RMA time....

There is no way to enter the bricked router. Its completly dead, no light on fron or back. Tried every possible way to reset and hard reset but no joy.
The got the faulty firmware offline is saw. Hope not many users are affected.
You tried the Asus recovery tool in windows I assume? Pretty poor on Asus behalf although it didn't affect every user which is how it passed the testing I suppose

Yesterday i ordered a new AX86U. Got i today and installed it. Was able to restore an backup from begin april so all my device names got coppied.
No new firmware offered and with these versions its up2date. Going to send the bricked AX86U back and are refunded

Hope that other user get there system quick working again.
As you can see the AX86S is not bricked by the new firmware

asus.JPG

Last edited:
Hello,
Yesterday I manually downloaded and flashed this new firmware, so far so good everything is working just fine and the Interface is even snappier and faster.

My current setup is:
AX86U - main router
AX56U - aimesh node
AX56U - aimesh node

Feel like I've dodged a bullet here.

New out of the box AX86S yesterday. During the setup was prompted to download the latest FW which was .48377.

All seems okay. Personally I'd never flash anything OTA, always done it via ethernet.

Maybe it's an issue with the OTA, or just an issue with the AX86U?

New out of the box AX86S yesterday. During the setup was prompted to download the latest FW which was .48377.

All seems okay. Personally I'd never flash anything OTA, always done it via ethernet.

I’ve flashed AX86U yesterday and all went great..

My AX86S succefull upgrade the firmwar. See my pictruce a few post above.
Think problem only occures with the AX86U

I think that the problem can be because of the OTA update.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!