What's new

RT-AX86U Nord VPN client keeps getting disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zillah

Regular Contributor
Hi All
My router is RT-AX86U with firmware version 388.2_2

I am using a paid NordVPN ,,,,everything working fine but between time to time the service state toggle witch keeps turning off as per attached snapshot below :

NordVPN.jpg

Did you upload its .opvn configuration file or did you input the parameters manually? Furthermore, you can look at the router syslog, which may explain why the VPN could not be connected.

Agree with @Quoc Huynh above... take a look at the logs. It could be retrying to connect, but then gives up after so many attempts, and turns off. Sometimes servers go down, become unreachable, or Nord puts them through maintenance... afraid this happens all the time.

This is one of those reasons I built VPNMON-R2... give it shot if you're looking for a more stable VPN connection.

Last edited:
Thx guys
Nord VPN gets connected and i had upload a file not manual configuration.
But issue every 10 days or so that switch gets shut off automatically , what i have been doing i have manually to turn it on again for the VPN to work

Thx guys
Nord VPN gets connected and i had upload a file not manual configuration.
But issue every 10 days or so that switch gets shut off automatically , what i have been doing i have manually to turn it on again for the VPN to work
Unless you add some automation (like a script), you will likely continue to have to do this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!