What's new

RT-AX88U dropping internet with above 386.2_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Troglodyte

New Around Here
Hi I have an RT-AX88U and I recently flashed version 386.2_6 of the firmware.
I noticed that with this version, I was having very frequent internet drops from all of my clients.
This was very noticeable with my Roku. It would loose connection and buffer an awful lot, and when it did it would drop the smartphones and laptops that were connected as well.
I tried directly plugging the Roku in via Cat6 and the same problem occurred.

I then tried flashing 386.3-beta2, and I noticed the same behavior.
I then tried flashing back to version 386.2_4, and everything has worked perfectly again.
I have been testing this for about 2 weeks, and it has been reproducible.
For whatever reason, version 386.2_4 works perfectly, and above that the problem occurs like clockwork.

I'm willing to do whatever beta testing may help track down this problem.
Is there anyone else out there that is having a similar problem?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Look in the router's syslog for the time the problem occurs. You might see that some process is crashing or other errors.

Try a factory reset after flashing 386.2_6 and manually set it up from scratch. Do not import settings files or copy/paste things.

FYI: I have been using version 386.3 for a few days now, and the problem appears to be solved.
Not sure what was fixed, but I thought I would let everyone know.

FYI: I have been using version 386.3 for a few days now, and the problem appears to be solved.
Not sure what was fixed, but I thought I would let everyone know.
Great you followed up... Great to know issue resolved. 386.3 has been pretty solid for me...no dropouts during the last 3 days. Also AX88U

1627419742111.png

I have had multiple drop issues on my RT-AX3000. Did you reset to factory before this latest update to 386.3?
I have QOS and YazFi setup with a Guest network for all my IoT and if a full reset and reconfig from scratch will fix this I guess that will be my next move before 386.3

Just a general FYI:
I tried 386.3_2, but I started to experience the same issues.
So I tried going back to 386.3, and everything seems OK.