What's new

RT-AX88U & RT-AC68U, AiMesh Configuring........

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

paulieman202020

New Around Here
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be better to update the firmware to merlin on my RT-AC68U and my RT-AX88U. RT-AX88U is acting as the main router and has Merlin installed.

I am not necessarily having problems but was wonder if it was beneficial and good practice to have them both running Merlin...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Why haven't you updated to RMerlin yet (is the question)? :)

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be better to update the firmware to merlin on my RT-AC68U and my RT-AX88U. RT-AX88U is acting as the main router and has Merlin installed.

I am not necessarily having problems but was wonder if it was beneficial and good practice to have them both running Merlin...

Thanks in advance!
Leave it as you have it, those are the desired configurations.

Leave it as you have it, those are the desired configurations.

Curious why you would say it is the desired configuration when both your routers are on RMerlin firmware? :)

Curious why you would say it is the desired configuration when both your routers are on RMerlin firmware? :)
I understood it be his master was merlin and his node was stock. @RMerlin has said a few times that the ideal setup is master with merlin and nodes with stock. It's better for updating or was anyway.

Oh and I do not use AImesh.

Thanks, @skeal I may be misremembering that that original advice has been superseded now?

I've seen Merlin say that mesh nodes on stock FW is just fine. Personally, I run my mesh node on Merlin and I don't have any issues updating it via the WebUI after downloading the .zip from thee update site. I would say, whatever practice keeps your routers up to date is what's best.

There isn't anything wrong with the way its working right now.... I just wanted to know if it was a better way of doing things. I did read somewhere that stock firmware on a node was okay tho... could it possibly be better to load merlin on the node?