What's new

RT-AX92U and 1GB speed on hard wired devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raidersfan23

New Around Here
Hello everyone, I have a question and I am looking for some help. I have the Xfinity 1GB plan and a Arris SB8200 3.1 modem. I was wondering if there were any special settings I am missing to get the 1GB speed on devices I have hard wired with CAT 6 cables? For some reason I am only getting about 500mb to my Nvidia Shield and its the only device I have connected. I assume this is an Xfinity problem as I have seen others complain about it. Just wanted to be sure it was not user error before I talk to Xfinity for the 100000000 time about my low speed for my plan. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks. I have tested straight to my desktop and laptop, same speeds. always around 500. I started out with the 300mb plan when I had cable. I had this equipment and was getting 940mb on the 300 plan... which I know makes 0 sense. I then changed to the 1GB plan and it went way down. I just didnt know if there were settings I was missing on the router in regards to the lan ports. I am just trying everything I can. Xfinity cant come out and check the inside due to covid. They changed the lines outside and it did nothing.

Unfortunate they won’t come in with their test set. Had them do this pre-COVID and was able to isolate a dying WAN port on my AC88. That is when I got my AX92 and made the AC88 an AiMesh node.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!