What's new

RT-N66U & 380.66_2 Gigabit ethernet not functioning correctly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EFlop

New Around Here
Was there a new setting for this I'm not aware of or should I just download and reflash a new copy of 380.66_2? Any questions on configuration just ask.

What do you mean by "Gigabit ethernet not functioning correctly"?
Have you tried reset your AP and try again?
Is there any error message or system log can be reference?

What do you mean by "Gigabit ethernet not functioning correctly"?
Have you tried reset your AP and try again?
Is there any error message or system log can be reference?
Sorry, I meant that I was only getting 100 Mbit/s when I was getting 1000 Mbit/s in version 378.56_2. I have tried power cycling the router but haven't done a 30/30/30 reset yet, may try that later tonight and report back. I'm unaware of any other features not functioning properly or any logs to reference.

There is no 30/30/30 reset........

Link rate is negotiated at connect time. If the Ethernet cable isn't good enough, then the switch will negotiate a lower speed. There is no configuration on the router that can affect that.

Change your cable, and make sure the other device is also properly configured to auto-negotiate (and that it does support Gigabit).

Link rate is negotiated at connect time. If the Ethernet cable isn't good enough, then the switch will negotiate a lower speed. There is no configuration on the router that can affect that.

Change your cable, and make sure the other device is also properly configured to auto-negotiate (and that it does support Gigabit).
I feel like such an idiot. I just tested the connection by bringing in a gigabit switch that will light up orange for 100 and green for 1000 and of course it lit up green so I just use some compressed air to clean it out and made sure the cable was seated all the way in. Thanks for the help everyone.