What's new

Samsung Smart TV and Asus RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chess

Occasional Visitor
I am getting a host / etc error saying

dhcp[292]: not giving name localhost to the DHCP lease of 192.168.1.205 because the name exists in etc/hosts with address 127.0.0.1

Has anyone ever seen this
I have searched high and low and cant figure out how to get it off my sys log

Yes, this is known with Samsung TVs. To work it around, give it a reserved IP address in LAN -> DHCP Server and give it a hostname. In there, when you give it a hostname, it will stop spamming your logs

Samsung networked Blu-ray players also do that thing. Probably some idiot at Samsung hasn't passed the networking course but got a position in managing Tizen's networking stuff

Yes, this is known with Samsung TVs. To work it around, give it a reserved IP address in LAN -> DHCP Server and give it a hostname. In there, when you give it a hostname, it will stop spamming your logs

Samsung networked Blu-ray players also do that thing. Probably some idiot at Samsung hasn't passed the networking course but got a position in managing Tizen's networking stuff

Thanks for the quick reply I’ll do that and see if it works...

Agreed some idiots there at Samsung lol

I have searched high and low and cant figure out how to get it off my sys log
This has been reported many times in these forums. @microchip's answer is correct but you have to be running a third party firmware like Merlin because Asus' stock firmware doesn't have the option to specify a hostname when reserving the IP address.

This has been reported many times in these forums. @microchip's answer is correct but you have to be running a third party firmware like Merlin because Asus' stock firmware doesn't have the option to specify a hostname when reserving the IP address.
Correct I’m running Merlin’s FW

384.4 contains a dnsmasq workaround to deal with those idiotic clients that try to use localhost as their hostname.