What's new

scMerlin scMerlin temperatures not populated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeff-

Occasional Visitor
I've seen this on the scMerlin thread:
Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.50.17 PM.png

But my instance of the addon looks like this:
Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.50.45 PM.png

I am a newbie, so sorry if I'm just not seeing something obvious. I'm using an ASUS RT-AX88U Pro. Accessing it on MacOS Ventura and Safari browser. All the other areas are populated including graphics. If you need more info, please just ask.

See the same on an RT-AX86U Pro running 388.2_2.
scMerlin_Tempature.jpg

Apparently a known issue commented on in the past (for example here and here). A "fix" was apparently posted here:

Or just use the scMerlin CLI where the temperature is correctly displayed.
scMerlin_CLI_Tempature.jpg

Last edited:
I never really noticed but yes it's not populated. Temperatures are shown correctly in the admin pages so it never bothered me.
I'll look at that linked solution 😉

The Asus UI (Tools --> Sysinfo) displays temperatures unlike your image. It's the temperature display In scMerlin that's the problem. I followed the instructions in:
scMerlin - scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin
I'm not sure what to do with the statement:
Finally, remember to modify the content in the mapping file /www/user/user*.asp
Any help would be awesom.

You'll need to make the same changes to whatever /www/user/user#.asp matches scmerlin. For me it was user2.asp. Just search the user files for curr_core

Code:
success: function(response){
                code = '<b>2.4 GHz:</b><span> ' + curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw + '</span>';
                if(wl_info.band5g_2_support){
                        code += '&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-1:</b> <span>' + curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw + '</span>';
                        if(typeof curr_coreTmp_52_raw == 'undefined' || curr_coreTmp_52_raw == null){
                                curr_coreTmp_52_raw = 'N/A'                    
                        }                                                                          
                        code += '&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-2:</b> <span>' + curr_coreTmp_52_raw + '</span>';
                }      
                else if(band5g_support){
                        code += '&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz:</b> <span>' + curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw + '</span>';
                }

You'll need to make the same changes to whatever /www/user/user#.asp matches scmerlin. For me it was user2.asp. Just search the user files for curr_core

Code:
success: function(response){
                code = '<b>2.4 GHz:</b><span> ' + curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw + '</span>';
                if(wl_info.band5g_2_support){
                        code += '&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-1:</b> <span>' + curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw + '</span>';
                        if(typeof curr_coreTmp_52_raw == 'undefined' || curr_coreTmp_52_raw == null){
                                curr_coreTmp_52_raw = 'N/A'                   
                        }                                                                         
                        code += '&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-2:</b> <span>' + curr_coreTmp_52_raw + '</span>';
                }     
                else if(band5g_support){
                        code += '&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz:</b> <span>' + curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw + '</span>';
                }
when I look at the browse results from 192.168.50.1/ajax_coretmp.asp it looks like i.e. w11 and in you code above it looks like wl1. Is it a number or alpha that my old eyes need (besides better glasses HAH)

Another thought that I hope you can answer/help with. What are the curr_coreTmp_52_raw purpose. What I've seen seems that curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw describes the CPU temperature. Since yours works, could please post the whole stanza of code for me?

when I look at the browse results from 192.168.50.1/ajax_coretmp.asp it looks like i.e. w11 and in you code above it looks like wl1. Is it a number or alpha that my old eyes need (besides better glasses HAH)

Best just to copy from ajax_coretmp.asp, which is what I did and it’s an alpha “L” and not numerical “1”. I’m guessing that curr_coreTmp_52_raw is if you have a second 5GHz radio, which I do not have. If you have one, then you’ll want to update with the files from the output of ajax_coretmp.asp. If not then it won’t do anything and can be left alone. The above is the whole code set of changes that I made.

Best just to copy from ajax_coretmp.asp, which is what I did and it’s an alpha “L” and not numerical “1”. I’m guessing that curr_coreTmp_52_raw is if you have a second 5GHz radio, which I do not have. If you have one, then you’ll want to update with the files from the output of ajax_coretmp.asp. If not then it won’t do anything and can be left alone. The above is the whole code set of changes that I made.
cool, thanks vlord! I really appreciate the help. Nice to see it working too.

A cousin of mine found this thread & asked me to help him make the changes suggested by @qwerqaz to fix the scMerlin webGUI "missing temperatures" issue that he's got on his ASUS router as well.

I took a look and instead of making a temporary custom fix for only one person, I decided to make a general solution and try to fix it for everyone having the same problem. I should be able to implement the fix this coming Saturday; but in the meantime, I’d like to ask people here having the same "missing temperatures" problem to send me a copy of their router’s "/www/ajax_coretmp.asp" file so I can see the different variables being used on various router models.

When sending the file, please identify the router model that it’s coming from. For example: "ajax_coretmp.asp.RT-AX86U.txt"

AFAICT, the list of affected routers includes the RT-AX88U, RT-AX86U & GT-AX6000, but they might be others (RT-AX86U Pro?). If I can get at least the requested file from those routers, it would help me make the fix.

Thanks.

When sending the file, please identify the router model that it’s coming from. For example: "ajax_coretmp.asp.RT-AX86U.txt"

Attachments

• ajax_coretmp.asp.RT-AC88U.txt
    788 bytes · Views: 19
My last post I goofed. This is the relevant code from the original of scmerlin_www.asp for my RT-AX88u Pro. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• scmerlin_www.asp-RT-AX88u_Pro.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 26

Attachments

• ajax_coretmp.asp.GT-AX6000.txt
    623 bytes · Views: 25
My last post I goofed. This is the relevant code from the original of scmerlin_www.asp for my RT-AX88u Pro. Hope it helps.
You provided an excerpt of the current code from "scmerlin_www.asp" but that's not what I'm asking. I'm requesting a copy of the "/www/ajax_coretmp.asp" file. If it's easier, you can also provide a copy from a web browser output using (after you log in to the router's webGUI).

Thanks.

I took a look and instead of making a temporary custom fix for only one person, I decided to make a general solution and try to fix it for everyone having the same problem.

Appreciate you doing this!

Sorry, I miunderstood. Here goes:
No worries. You have provided the correct info now. Thank you for taking the time.

Now I only need the file from an RT-AC86U Pro, which should confirm that we're dealing with only 2 variations of the ASP file (at least for the AX-class routers - still wondering about the "GT-AXE" routers though).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!