What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
v2.4.0
Updated 2021-08-08

scMerlin allows you to easily control the most common services/scripts on your router. scMerlin also augments your router's WebUI with a Sitemap and dynamic submenus for the main left menu of Asuswrt-Merlin.

scMerlin is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL 3.0).

This project is hosted on GitHub

Love the script and want to support future development? Any and all donations gratefully received!
PayPal donation
Buy me a coffee

Supported firmware versions
You must be running firmware Merlin 384.15/384.13_4 or Fork 43E5 (or later) Asuswrt-Merlin

Installation
Using your preferred SSH client/terminal, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/scmerlin/master/scmerlin.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/scmerlin" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/scmerlin && /jffs/scripts/scmerlin install

Usage
WebUI
scMerlin can be used via the WebUI, in the Addons section.

Command Line
To launch the scmerlin menu after installation, use:
Code:
scmerlin

If this does not work, you will need to use the full path:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin
Updating
Launch scmerlin and select option u

Last edited:
Screenshots:
a8d2b5b15e.png

a85852adea.png

Last edited:
Can I assume updating through amtm will correct the version "rollback upgrade" notification there?

Can I assume updating through amtm will correct the version "rollback upgrade" notification there?
From command line: scmerlin stable

after fresh install, the webUI page is missing for me :-(
/jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/* is empty

you mean you didn't already have it installed? :eek:

hopefully fixed with the hotfix just pushed

i had it installed :)
updating v1 to v2 did not create the webUI, so
i uninstalled v1 before installing v2 and tried again

after hotfix, install makes webUI visible, thanks!

Last edited:
i had it installed :)
updating v1 to v2 did not create the webUI, so
i uninstalled v1 before installing v2 and tried again

Just had the exact same thing happen with my RT-AC86U, but up now and all looking really impressive @Jack Yaz, thanks as always for all your clever coding and valuable additions to our @RMerlin experience.

This is making me question how RAM is allocated on my ac86 - I wonder if it's possible to move cache & buffers to the swap somehow...

This is making me question how RAM is allocated on my ac86 - I wonder if it's possible to move cache & buffers to the swap somehow...

The idea of cache/buffers is specifically to avoid having to use slower disk storage. Moving a cache or buffers to disk makes no sense.

The idea of cache/buffers is specifically to avoid having to use slower disk storage. Moving a cache or buffers to disk makes no sense.

I concur, the only purpose to ever use swap is for moving memory pages that are hardly ever used to free up more cache or buffer for stuff that is used often. But where RMerlin has alluded to, the excessive(or unneeded) moving of memory pages to swap spaces actually acquires a performance hit since the Kernel is pressured to continuously move memory pages in and out of memory and swap space.

Ah, because I couldn't reply to my old thread....I missed an important bit of info.

When upgrading from v1, you need to run the update again to pull down the rest of the files using option uf
For me uf has become the standard because when @Jack Yaz updates, he also upgrades ;); cant hold back those dev-skills. Keep that in mind the next time you update.

Hi! Using scMerlin 2.0.1

I have NO VPN configured (client or server)
but scMerlin WUI page shows VPN restart button ??

Is there a way to have that page display the RESTART button only if VPN is configure ?

Thanks

Can't you just click to collapse? :)

Hi! Jack,

I understand your preocupation
but it was just strange for me to see a 'restart' button for any service (VPNclient or VPNserver ...) that is not even configured !

I do have the same concern about speedtest spdMerlin addon which displays 3 times 'No data to display' for every one of 5 non-configured VPNclient !

Thanks for your reply ;)
Your support is appreciated

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!