What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The purpose of Skynet-Whitelist, Skynet-Blacklist and Skynet-BlockedRanges are clear. But how do the Skynet-IOT work. Why do the IOT (internet of things) need other rules? Thanks Willem

If someone wants to share a copy of state.js (or whichever file @RMerlin said hardcoded them), I could have a look
https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin/blob/374.43_2-update/release/src/router/www/state.js

I appended a Skynet tab and link to user1.asp on lines 507 and 522 to have the tab show up, but I don’t think Adamm’s page expects the older style. I switched back to Merlin for now, so my interest is waning until/if John comes back to provide his expertise. And push his new source to Github.

I think to compare Adamm’s page with a normal Firewall page like this would be the next step: https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt...router/www/Advanced_BasicFirewall_Content.asp

Hi - perhaps I am doing something wrong, or perhaps what I'm trying to achieve cannot be done. I'm trying to block access to certain sites to stop my kids getting on them.

Running the latest SKyNet on an AC88U router. All options are default / recommended with a 2GB swap file.

I' added a manual ban for www.instagram.com, instagram.com, tiktok.com

However I'm finding that I'm still able to visit these sites. Any thoughts?

Hi - perhaps I am doing something wrong, or perhaps what I'm trying to achieve cannot be done. I'm trying to block access to certain sites to stop my kids getting on them.

Running the latest SKyNet on an AC88U router. All options are default / recommended with a 2GB swap file.

I' added a manual ban for www.instagram.com, instagram.com, tiktok.com

However I'm finding that I'm still able to visit these sites. Any thoughts?

Try blocking them in Diversion.:)

I updated to 7.09 and noticed that the blocked IPs are down now from about 150,000 to around 90,000 without changing anything. Did you change the default blocking list?

I updated to 7.09 and noticed that the blocked IPs are down now from about 150,000 to around 90,000 without changing anything. Did you change the default blocking list?

One of the firehol lists was purged a few days ago by the looks of it, would have to check out their stats to find out which exactly. Nothing wrong on our end.

Edit; Looks like it was alienvault's reputation list

One of the firehol lists was purged a few days ago by the looks of it, would have to check out their stats to find out which exactly. Nothing wrong on our end.

That's some serious purge:
upload_2020-1-25_10-20-29.png

Something else I noticed after updating to 7.09. The UI stats are not updating anymore:
upload_2020-1-25_10-52-17.png

In- and Outbound Blocks shows zero blocks, even though the log shows plenty of blocked sites:
upload_2020-1-25_10-54-8.png

Something else I noticed after updating to 7.09. The UI stats are not updating anymore:
View attachment 21044

In- and Outbound Blocks shows zero blocks, even though the log shows plenty of blocked sites:
View attachment 21045

The stats page gets updated twice a day on a cronjob unless manually triggered. Restarting the firewall service will also reset these counters.

The stats page gets updated twice a day on a cronjob unless manually triggered. Restarting the firewall service will also reset these counters.
Yep, all is well in paradise:
upload_2020-1-25_11-6-46.png

@Adamm is there a way to show 'Ranges banned in total' as a running stat since Skynet was first installed? :)

Reactions: a5m
Quick off-topic...
Shout-out to L&LD for the M&M config and Nuclear Option reset info. Had a AC86U that dropped to 20mb throughput from 200mb. Tried all sorts of fixes, followed the Nuclear, M&M, AMTM setup and all's well again. TY L&LD....
Aaand, Back On Topic!

I just checked my log file for the router and noticed I have 5 outbound connections blocked. I don't have logging enabled, but is there a way to view what's being blocked? I'm still on 384.14 firmware..

I just checked my log file for the router and noticed I have 5 outbound connections blocked. I don't have logging enabled, but is there a way to view what's being blocked? I'm still on 384.14 firmware..

No, logging is required to see exactly what’s being blocked

Hi Adamm. I've only just discovered your script, so I've installed it via amtm (which I've also only discovered recently). The script seems to be working as it's blocking stuff, but there is no tab for it in the GUI on my RT-AC86U. I've tried rebooting the router, but no change. What do I need to do?

Hi Adamm. I've only just discovered your script, so I've installed it via amtm (which I've also only discovered recently). The script seems to be working as it's blocking stuff, but there is no tab for it in the GUI on my RT-AC86U. I've tried rebooting the router, but no change. What do I need to do?
Are you running the 384.15 alpha? It may be worth @Adamm adding a prompt in the menu/script about the firmware version requirement, if one doesn't already exist.

Are you running the 384.15 alpha? It may be worth @Adamm adding a prompt in the menu/script about the firmware version requirement, if one doesn't already exist.
I'm running 384.14_2 at the moment.

Also, it's blocking lots of stuff - is that to be expected?
Screenshot - 26_01_2020 , 11_55_58.png

Current stats, but still no tab in the GUI of my RT-AC86U running the latest stable Merlin firmware. Don't know how to resolve this.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 26_01_2020 , 14_27_44.png
    Screenshot - 26_01_2020 , 14_27_44.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot - 26_01_2020 , 14_28_43.png
    Screenshot - 26_01_2020 , 14_28_43.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 243
Current stats, but still no tab in the GUI of my RT-AC86U running the latest stable Merlin firmware. Don't know how to resolve this.
Only works on 384.15, you're still on 384.14!