What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The public lists change all the time, and I’ve also noticed more outbound blocks for v0cdn.net (I think) that required whitelisting.

Skynet itself doesn’t change too often.
Thanks for that. I guess those lists must have gone on a blocking rampage recently, so many normal sites are blocked - am going through them one by one. It's mostly annoying when kids come running panicked that they cant access a game that all of a sudden got blocked lol

If I want to import a block of IPs to ban , how do I do this?

As per the readme;

( firewall ban ip 8.8.8.8 "Apples" ) This Bans The IP Specified With The Comment Apples

( firewall ban range 8.8.8.8/24 "Apples" ) This Bans the CIDR Block Specified With The Comment Apples

( firewall import blacklist file.txt "Apples" ) This Bans All IPs From URL/Local File With The Comment Apples

Thanks for that. I guess those lists must have gone on a blocking rampage recently, so many normal sites are blocked - am going through them one by one. It's mostly annoying when kids come running panicked that they cant access a game that all of a sudden got blocked lol

Unfortunately I've noticed that too. Even though it doesn't offer as much protection, I changed Skynet to only monitor inbound traffic and not do anything with outbound traffic.

Is it possible to use the following lists in Skynet?
  • firehol_level1
  • firehol_level2
  • firehol_level3
  • firehol_level4
Source: https://iplists.firehol.org/

As per the readme, you can replace the default filter list via;

Code:
( firewall banmalware google.com/filter.list ) This Uses The Filter List From The Specified URL