What's new

[SOLVED] rt-ac87u speed bottleneck

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adihant

New Around Here
Hello, I bought the rtac87 about 6 months ago and have been really pleased with it. I am in the uk and was on talktalk 38mb fibre. My speeds have been around 38mb wired and 29mb wireless. I just upgraded to up to 76mb speed and am disappointed that my wired speed has stayed at around 38mb whereas the wireless has increased to around 38mb.
I have just been on to talk talk technical who advised me to try the supplied router (hauwai hg635). The speed shot up to around 56mb wired and 46mb wireless.
I am running latest merlin firmware on the asus, but must confess am a total noob with any network settings. I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have the stock openreach modem connected to asus so am unsure if the problem could lie somewhere with that.
Thanks for reading

Hello, I bought the rtac87 about 6 months ago and have been really pleased with it. I am in the uk and was on talktalk 38mb fibre. My speeds have been around 38mb wired and 29mb wireless. I just upgraded to up to 76mb speed and am disappointed that my wired speed has stayed at around 38mb whereas the wireless has increased to around 38mb.
I have just been on to talk talk technical who advised me to try the supplied router (hauwai hg635). The speed shot up to around 56mb wired and 46mb wireless.
I am running latest merlin firmware on the asus, but must confess am a total noob with any network settings. I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have the stock openreach modem connected to asus so am unsure if the problem could lie somewhere with that.
Thanks for reading
Didn't you set up manualy QOS before to 38Mb?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!