What's new

Starlink and Asus

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Justinpt

New Around Here
I’m trying to connect Starlink with Asus Router but couldn’t get it to work together.
Had my rj45 cable plugged from the Ethernet Starlink adapter (image attached), but my asus kept not working. All entrances tried just in case and different cable. Wondering what’s wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_6191.jpeg
    IMG_6191.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I’m trying to connect Starlink with Asus Router but couldn’t get it to work together.
Had my rj45 cable plugged from the Ethernet Starlink adapter (image attached), but my asus kept not working. All entrances tried just in case and different cable. Wondering what’s wrong!
You have to put the Starlink box into “bypass“ mode; until you do that the Ethernet adapter is useless. This requires the Starlink app on a phone, logged into the Starlink wifi, and it disables the Starlink wifi. If the Starlink gets a factory reset you’ll have to do it again, and power failures can generate a factory reset. It’s not a great setup. Though when it’s working it works well.

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem, I have worked with ASUS for a year and they could not get the VPN client to ever connect to the VPN server within the router. They just replaced my router with a RT-AX86U Pro, and it still does not work. Will the router resident VPN server work behind the Starlink VPN, or do I need a 3rd party client within my router such as NordVPN or IPVanish?

This isn't an Asus problem, this is a Starlink issue, IMO.

Are you able to use your PC or other client device to use their VPN?

Simply get a free trial with a third-party VPN to test with. If, you really need a VPN. (Do you)?

It depends on your Starlink account - by default, it's CGNAT, but for some account holder, there are options...

Read below, direct from Starlink...