What's new

[Test build] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 alpha builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC88u in ap mode (coming from 380.64 final /w nvram reset)
Well it seems Asus did a downgrade on wl version?

/tmp/home/root# wl ver
1.369 RC1.0
wl0: May 12 2016 11:14:24 version 10.10.69.6904 (r635567) FWID 01-c9c84353

380.65a3
/tmp/home/root# wl ver
1.363 RC45.58013
wl0: Sep 12 2016 13:26:39 version 10.10.69.6908 (r658761) FWID 01-5982b91d

The real version number to look for here is the 10.10.69.6908, and the r658761. That latter number is the version used internally by Broadcom on the source code itself (every file of the SDK has a similar revision number).

I have no idea what the first string refers to.

OpenVPN 2.4 in tun mode slower than on OpenVPN 2.3. Before upgrade I got 60-70Mbit (No cipher, no compression). After upgrade I only got 40-50Mbit.

Make sure you are REALLY not using compression or ciphers. The new negotiation protocol might have decided otherwise. The system log will tell you for sure.

Yes i double checked. I use compress without parameter, which should disable compression:

--compress [algorithm]
Enable a compression algorithm.

The algorithm parameter may be "lzo", "lz4", or empty. LZO and LZ4 are different compression algorithms, with LZ4 generally offering the best performance with least CPU usage. For backwards compatibility with OpenVPN versions before 2.4, use "lzo" (which is identical to the older option "--comp-lzo yes").

If the algorithm parameter is empty, compression will be turned off, but the packet framing for compression will still be enabled, allowing a different setting to be pushed later.

I dont know if this alpha test version is causing the issue but I am using rt ac5300 if I disable 2.4 band and most every reboot i dont get an internet connection if I enable 2.4 band it reboots fine and quick the few times when the 2.4 band is disabled it will get a connection (1 out of 10) boot up takes along time as well compared to if it is enabled. this could be an asus issue. Let me know if anyone gets this turning off their 2.4 and rebootng several times Thanks
ASUS RT AC5300
RT-AC5300_380.65_alpha2-g14f625a

OMG finally my gigabit internet works with asus firmware. I have the ac-88u and the last firmware released in December 20 fixes my 650mb speed tests. I just updated to this alpha firmware since I see it includes that and it works as well. Been living with this for a year so this will be a nice 2017 year for sure.

Uploaded alpha3 on router and re-booted it 6 hours ago--went fine. Uploaded on AP a few minutes ago--went well until I re-booted after the upload. At that point it seemed to break the web GUI on both the AP and router, but they continued to function otherwise. A few minutes later, the web GUIs came back spontaneously. I have a very basic setup.

Thanks again for all your work, Merlin!

es i double checked. I use compress without parameter, which should disable compression:

It doesn't. See the last paragraph of the documentation that you quoted. To truly disable it, you must NOT use the compression option at all, otherwise it can get re-enabled later on.

UPNP Server is not working on my rt-ac3100 with a Lacie drive plugged in via usb 2. It worked perfect on .64. I can see the server in VLC but none of my videos appear. I can use AICloud just fine.

RMerlin, thanks for fixing the Tools menu. Just one line change fixes the whole shebang. 380.65A3 is working good. Appreciate your hard work.

Happy New Year from Italy to all, in particular to the legendary tireless Merlin for his great appreciated work.

Last edited:
RMerlin, thanks for fixing the Tools menu. Just one line change fixes the whole shebang. 380.65A3 is working good. Appreciate your hard work.
Did I miss something? This is not working in Alpha 3, which is the latest.

^^^ This. Tools-->Other Settings does not appear on either my AC87U or my AC88U with Alpha 3.

This is what I see on both routers:
AC88U.jpg~original

^^^ This. Tools-->Other Settings does not appear on either my AC87U or my AC88U with Alpha 3.
It's in the latest commit, so we'll see it in the next build. In the meantime there's the workaround.

You have to compile your own firmware to have the Tools menu fixed. The fixed menu shown below. 380.65A3 RT-AC87U

asus380.65a3tools1.png

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Well, there is a 'kinda' workaround - see my post #15 - I don't have the ability to do builds, so I was waiting for RMerlin's next Alpha...

Well, there is a 'kinda' workaround - see my post #15 - I don't have the ability to do builds, so I was waiting for RMerlin's next Alpha...

Well, I don't have the New firmware availability notification thing turned on. Guess that's why I am not seeing the "Administration - Firmware Upgrade>Scheduled new firmware check" you talked about. Maybe there will be a new build soon. Just kind of bugs me that that page isn't there.

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.