What's new

[Test build] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 alpha builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't have the New firmware availability notification thing turned on. Guess that's why I am not seeing the "Administration - Firmware Upgrade>Scheduled new firmware check" you talked about. Maybe there will be a new build soon. Just kind of bugs me that that page isn't there.

Thanks..
No, you aren't getting it. Click on that and it is indexed to the right tab. You don't have to have the notification turned on. And this is alpha, this is something pointed out in A3 that Eric has now fixed.

And just look at all the commits in A3!

Just to report, no issues so far with 87u. OpenVPN TAP and TUN servers working with 2.3 and 2.4 clients, the latter negotiating the new protocols.

Noticed the following issues in alpha3 (Asus RT68U):

- Wifi 5G takes about 2-3 min after reboot to come online. Whereas 2.4ghz channel about 45sec-60sec.

Yeah, noticed that too on my AC88u, but only on channels higher than 48. On lower both 5Ghz and 2,4Ghz come online at the same time.

My AC68U seems Ok thus far, apart from the Tools tab. Let kids thrash it now so see how it holds up.

ca01313 webui: convert connection time into a number when sorting, so 10 hours > 9 hours
This fix is confirmed, thank you very much.

upload_2017-1-2_14-25-12.png

I ended up rolling back to alpha 2. Alpha 3 was causing issues with the clients that control my sonos music system. They no longer could find the network. rebooting the clients (both PC and IOS) did not resolve the issue. I'm running Sonos totally wifi based, not with their router add on device to form a mesh network. After rolling back to alpha 2, all was good with sonos again.
I did some more trouble shooting on the Sonos issue with alpha 3. It's a continuing issues.

• Alpha 2, and previous, works fine.
  • Alpha 3, no client is able to reach sonos system, which is set up in wireless mode.
  • Roll back to alpha 2, everything works fine again
  • Reloaded alpha 3. Dead again. Tried to reinstall sonos as if it was a new router. This involves setting up a direct connection between one sonos component to router.
  • Once the direct connection was established, the sonos network goes live again (it has it's own mesh network in this configuration), but attempting to set it up in wireless mode shows that it is not "seeing" any of the wireless networks. Manually typing in my wireless network does not work.
  • Rolling back to Alpha 2, and everything works fine again.
Is there some change that got made in the Asus firewall between alpha 2 and alpha 3. That might account for the issue.

BB

I did some more trouble shooting on the Sonos issue with alpha 3. It's a continuing issues.
I recall some issues with (my) Sonus setup from older releases as it's using some strange setup on WLAN and device discovery. But the solution was simple:
  1. disconnect power from all Sonos devices (incl. Bridge and Connect).
  2. update the router and let it "stablize" for 5 minutes after the reboot
  3. connect the Sonos devices to power again - but do it only one-by-one: with a few minutes in-between each device
This approach solved the issues from the past - may help you also. :rolleyes:

I recall some issues with (my) Sonus setup from older releases as it's using some strange setup on WLAN and device discovery. But the solution was simple:
  1. disconnect power from all Sonos devices (incl. Bridge and Connect).
  2. update the router and let it "stablize" for 5 minutes after the reboot
  3. connect the Sonos devices to power again - but do it only one-by-one: with a few minutes in-between each device
This approach solved the issues from the past - may help you also. :rolleyes:
Thanks. I suspect it is something different, however. You did motivate me to reconnect my sonos bridge, which obviates the problem. I was running pure wifi, but I had an old bridge around. What seems to be going on this time is specific to Sonos and wifi, not hard wired to the router. I suspect it is something to do with the latest tweaks ASUS made to the firewall. Hopefully the core code will be fixed when enough Sonos owners howl, since most new ones don't have a bridge.

Brad

It seems that tools page is broken on Alpha 3 ...

View attachment 8148
That had been reported, and had been fixed and will be able to you on the next Alpha version or you can compile the firmware yourself. Read more on in page 1 and 2.

That had been reported, and had been fixed and will be able to you on the next Alpha version or you can compile the firmware yourself. Read more on in page 1 and 2.

380.65_alpha4 is available for you to compile if you know how to use git. RMerlin fixed a few things and the tools menu is fixed. The coming beta should be functional soon. There are advantages being able to compile your own firmware. Google is your friend. Good luck.

Hello all,

With build 380.65_alpha3 on my AC5300 the 2.4 GHz band is jumping up and down after some hours: it's there and then it's not. I noticed this behaviour in 'Wifi Monitor' on windows 10 and on my android Phone.
I cannot see anything wrong in the logfile or on the WebUI and I don't experience any disconnects! The 5 GHz band is steady as a rock.
In 380.65_alpha2 and 380.64 I did not see it happening.

Did anyone else noticed this behaviour? Could it be the new wlan driver introduced in 380.65_alpha3?

OpenVPN 2.4 Server does not work as expected. I can connect to the server but nothing more. No external or internal servers are reachable.

I get this error:
openvpn[19577]: Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol. Using AF_INET6
I do not use IPv6, either external or internal. IPv6 is disabled on the router. In the OpenVPN 2.4 readme I found a paramter tcp4-server, but with this added the server does not start.
How to tell the server that it should only use IPv4?

OpenVPN 2.4 Server does not work as expected. I can connect to the server but nothing more. No external or internal servers are reachable.

I get this error:
openvpn[19577]: Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol. Using AF_INET6
I do not use IPv6, either external or internal. IPv6 is disabled on the router. In the OpenVPN 2.4 readme I found a paramter tcp4-server, but with this added the server does not start.
How to tell the server that it should only use IPv4?

That's not an error, that's a warning, which can be ignored.

That's not an error, that's a warning, which can be ignored.
but still my vpn server does not work. no surfing, no routing possible. back to 380.64 with old vpnserver and the same config - works.
i do not get any other errors in the log, even with a higher verb mode. what could be the problem?

Jan 4 19:37:34 openvpn[21856]: setsockopt(IPV6_V6ONLY=0)
Jan 4 19:37:34 openvpn[21856]: Listening for incoming TCP connection on [AF_INET6][undef]:443
Jan 4 19:37:34 openvpn[21856]: TCPv6_SERVER link local (bound): [AF_INET6][undef]:443
Jan 4 19:37:34 openvpn[21856]: TCPv6_SERVER link remote: [AF_UNSPEC]

indeed it want to use only ipv6

but still my vpn server does not work. no surfing, no routing possible. back to 380.64 with old vpnserver and the same config - works.
i do not get any other errors in the log, even with a higher verb mode. what could be the problem?

Check the log on the client side. Double check your ciphers and compression settings.

You could also try increasing the log verbosity on the server configuration page, to get more info in the System Log.

I have no problem here connecting to my 2.4.0 router using my existing 2.3.13 client at work, RDesktop also works fine to my home PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.