What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Donated $20, thanks for implementing my request of ipsec.postconf and strongswan.postconf!

Thanks Eric! Appreciate your efforts!

I just did a donation to express my gratitud..

@The developer:
It's a fantastic project and your custom firmware adds that little extra that is missed in the stock firmware from Asus. In my case I needed policy based routing for my RT-AX88U. My OpnSense minipc is now a mediaplayer :)

Without this firmware I probably would not have bought the Asus router... Keep up the good work, hopefully Asus will let you continue developing/maintaining the code!

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Have a good one Eric! ;):)

Over the years I've used TomatoUSB and DDWRT with the WRT54G, Tomato Shibby with the N66U, and now Merlin with the AX88U. I've used Optware, Entware, Entware-NG, and now Entware-3x merged. I've scoured through websites, forums, and GitHub wikis. The knowledge available is unreal and I love to tinker and optimize like the majority of you here!

After creeping around these forums for quite a while, I finally setup my SNB account today and sent a donation to the man himself. I feel like SNB is the best community around, and Merlin's firmware based off the original ASUS drivers is my safest bet for NAT/FA/OpenVPN cryptography acceleration.

I know $10 isn't a lot, but I had to show some appreciation. Your work and the knowledge available at SNB is worth so much more! Thank you!

Last edited:
If anyone decides to donate specifically for the DNS-over-TLS inclusion in the near future, please mention so in the Paypal comment field. I'll make sure that gets forwarded to its developer, @themiron. :)

If anyone decides to donate specifically for the DNS-over-TLS inclusion in the near future
Oh, that's great. Donation 've made. Thanks a lot for your (and all fellow developers) hard work!

Paypal wouldn't let me do a traditional payment, so I did it a different way. Couldn't add a note either. Please send/shard ~20 USD of this with @themiron for his work and thank you for the amazing router firmware!

Donated $5. It's all I could spare at the moment. I shall be donating more later - especially after the brilliant work in 384.11.

I mentioned 384.11 in my donation.. so ya it's partly about DoT, but also all your hard work.

Donation sent. Thanks so much for all your work on this! Bought my AC-5300 about a month ago and your firmware has been a joy as both a turnkey solution and a tinkerer's dream. 384.11 has been an awesome upgrade over 384.10_2. Cheers, buddy.