What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried running the Adam scripts. I guess we cannot compile ourselves the SDK added routers in 386 rc2-7 such as RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U and RT-AX56U?

"Merged 386_39179 binary blobs for
RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC5300 and RT-AX88U. "

Does this mean we should have a RT-AC86U version soon?

No. The RT-AC68U build happened because I needed to test something with a user, and that was the model he had. And the RT-AC68U has been deemed stable enough to be worth trying (my primary development router is an RT-AC66U_B1), since it's a very basic model that didn't get any SDK update.

RT-AC86U was barely tested, RT-AC5300 wasn't tested at all, and RT-AX88U has broken wifi and NAT acceleration (which may possibly extend to the RT-AC86U).

No. The RT-AC68U build happened because I needed to test something with a user, and that was the model he had. And the RT-AC68U has been deemed stable enough to be worth trying (my primary development router is an RT-AC66U_B1), since it's a very basic model that didn't get any SDK update.

RT-AC86U was barely tested, RT-AC5300 wasn't tested at all, and RT-AX88U has broken wifi and NAT acceleration (which may possibly extend to the RT-AC86U).

OK, thanks for the update.

Eric, I am using with RT-AX88U and have no issues with wifi and nat acceleration, I have gigabit up and down speeds and constantly achieve it. I am just curious about what is broken?

Eric, I am using with RT-AX88U and have no issues with wifi and nat acceleration, I have gigabit up and down speeds and constantly achieve it. I am just curious about what is broken?

System log gets filled with an error message about an invalid protocol (they get hidden by "net rate limit", you have to increase debug level and disable rate limiting to see the actual error message). Requires disabling flow cache to resolve.

Some 5 GHz wifi clients are having issues, like frequent disconnects, or inability to reliably stream high bitrate video. Same video streams fine over 2.4 GHz.

Neither issues occurred with the 384 codebase. I haven't rested with newer codebase, was waiting on the SDK merge.

System log gets filled with an error message about an invalid protocol (they get hidden by "net rate limit", you have to increase debug level and disable rate limiting to see the actual error message). Requires disabling flow cache to resolve.

Some 5 GHz wifi clients are having issues, like frequent disconnects, or inability to reliably stream high bitrate video. Same video streams fine over 2.4 GHz.

Neither issues occurred with the 384 codebase. I haven't rested with newer codebase, was waiting on the SDK merge.

Interesting, I am aware of log spam getting filled with invalid protocol, but 5 ghz is new to me, I have laptops and cell phones on 5 ghz and none of them have reported issue with 5 ghz radio. Oh well it is good to know.

I'm getting back to the thread with the original problem I was having with Aimesh nodes and it's devices. The problem was with having proper IP address with devices connected on a mesh node but not reachable. I just completed a new build from the latest commit id and the problem has been resolved.

Can someone share a RT-AC68U 386.1 build with openvpn 2.5 final. Thanks

Here you go, I compiled the version to include all changes till 31 OCT, including one just made on GitHub

Can someone share a RT-AC68U 386.1 build with openvpn 2.5 final. Thanks
Keep in mind, if you used adaptive QoS or AiProtection, they will no longer be functional on self compiled firmware.
Basically you have to wait for RMerlins publications to benefit from Adaptive QoS or AiProtection.

Keep in mind, if you used adaptive QoS or AiProtection, they will no longer be functional on self compiled firmware.
Basically you have to wait for RMerlins publications to benefit from Adaptive QoS or AiProtection.
I do not use QoS or AiProtection, I just had to test pia vpn with openvpn 2.5 :)

Here you go, I compiled the version to include all changes till 31 OCT, including one just made on GitHub

Just tested and working fine. Only blinking exclamation mark. RT-AC68U don't have 64k nvram.
Aimesh 2 latest function working fine with RC7 beta ( 9.0.0.4.386_40577) firmware on Aimesh nod.
nvram2.jpg
Looking forward for RMerlin release

Attachments

• nvram2.jpg
    nvram2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Just tested and working fine. Only blinking exclamation mark. RT-AC68U don't have 64k nvram.
Aimesh 2 latest function working fine with RC7 beta ( 9.0.0.4.386_40577) firmware on Aimesh nod.
nvram2.jpg
Is your Jffs mounted? I had blinking mark as well till I restarted router second time.

nvram2.jpg
Nvram consumption after formatting jffs and reboot

Attachments

• Nvram.png
    Nvram.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Nvram consumption after formatting jffs and reboot

I have installed over 384.19 and earlier 386.1 alhpa2 build.
I doubt /jffs have anything to do with nvram.

Yes, my /jffs is formatted since first install.
Only RT-AC86U needs to format /jffs after firmware upgrade.

After reboot nvram goes from 63476 to 63144 = 0,5%.
Problem lies probably that nvram is 32k in rt-ac68u not 64k.

Last edited:
@octopus I did a full reset on my RT-AC68U after firmware upgrade to 386.1_alpha2-g2b31617cd0 :)
Usage dropped to 55241 / 65536 bytes on RT-AC68U H/W ver: E1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!