What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got prompt for login quickly but after signing it I get spinning wheel and nothing, just blank gray background. Will wait it out and report.

Edit: Checked 45mins latter and gui came up as expected. Checking everything else now but so far only gui issue stands out so far.

Same issue here, but will wait to see if the gui shows up eventually. 15 min and counting... ;)

Just flashed 386.1 A2. Formatting the JFFS partition does not work always comes back unmounted with blinking ! mark. Factory reset fixes the issue and JFFS is mounted again. Also noticed the WAN MTU needs to be set manually is this by design or possibly because i set up the router with no internet connection ?

yeah same here with MTU in this alpha... i didnt have internet connection becuase i didnt fill MTU? is this intended?

So far so good. Not sure if this is a cosmetic issue or not, but my node rt-3100 shows like it's disconnected, but clients are connected to it and working. My 68 model seems to show connected fine and clients are connected. See attached. I have tried bypassing the switch and plugging everything direct into it to see if it changed.
I have two hard wired nodes like that, it is safe to say i think you can ignore it. Mine are behaving properly other than the little annoying image. I think the topology plays a big factor. Mine are connected to a switch that is connected to the main router. I think the switch behaviors has something to do with mine.

This is something i like ;)

1604432712006.png

we are able to setup node USB services.

Also we can sync the Guest Network 1 2.4G and 5G to the nodes.
1604432990476.png

I have two hard wired nodes like that, it is safe to say i think you can ignore it. Mine are behaving properly other than the little annoying image. I think the topology plays a big factor. Mine are connected to a switch that is connected to the main router. I think the switch behaviors has something to do with mine.

Awesome! I thought I could ignore them because everything was behaving the way it should. Glad I am not alone.

Also noticed the WAN MTU needs to be set manually is this by design or possibly because i set up the router with no internet connection ?
Yes, I noticed that too on my AX88U after resetting to factory default the MTU value is blank.

The RT-AC68U only has 64K of nvram. You are getting the notification because you have less than 3 KB of nvram available.
Is it the same for RT-AC1900P? I know they are similar models but that BestBuy exclusive 1900P have a faster CPU and maybe more NVRAM? I've tried looking at specs but NVRAM is not listed. Is there a command to know how much NVRAM there is?

Only Issue I’ve encountered on an RT-AC88U on this release is that the network map shows only shows the wired tab on the client status area of the front page which appears to be an odd mix of a few wired and wireless clients, the wireless tab is missing and I’m only seeing 7 of the 50 or so wired and wireless clients connected

If you need to reformat RT-AC66U_b1 then you have something else that needs reformat.

384.19 (14-Aug-2020)
- NOTE: Due to flash partitioning changes done by Asus, it is
strongly recommended to make a backup of your JFFS
partition before upgrading the RT-AC86U, and restoring
that backup afterward. If you run into issues,
reformat your JFFS partition and reboot.
That note was for the AC86U.

No AX58U build ??

WAN is broken on the RT-AX58U, and I don't know why.

Is it the same for RT-AC1900P? I know they are similar models but that BestBuy exclusive 1900P have a faster CPU and maybe more NVRAM? I've tried looking at specs but NVRAM is not listed. Is there a command to know how much NVRAM there is?

All have 64 KB. Only newer models based on SDK7 and newer support 128 KB.

WAN is broken on the RT-AX58U, and I don't know why.

All have 64 KB. Only newer models based on SDK7 and newer support 128 KB.
i can tell you there are similar Wan issues on other AX models. I resolved mine through isp reprovisioning of the modem. A DHCP connection failure occurs when adjusting settings on the router such as wireless, guest network, or vpn. The internet connection become intermittent at this point.

Updated with factory restore RT-AX88U, and RT-AC88U. RT-AX88U in AP Mode, seems to work fine. Can not join the RT-AU88U to AIMesh....the RT-AX88U cant seem to find it. CAT6 Backbone..

Updated with factory restore RT-AX88U, and RT-AC88U. RT-AX88U in AP Mode, seems to work fine. Can not join the RT-AU88U to AIMesh....the RT-AX88U cant seem to find it. CAT6 Backbone..
You may need to reset the RTAC88U by the reset button on the back, or by WPS method.

You may need to reset the RTAC88U by the reset button on the back, or by WPS method.
Tried that...no luck so far...trying multiple things..
It finds my RT-AX58U on the latest Merlin firmware 384.19 , but not the new alpha for the RT-AC88U.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade to 386.1-Alpha2 on RT-AC86U worked a treat - all scripts as per signature tested and happy - BUT broke my AiMesh to RT-AC5300 Node and nothing I could do to restore it [even pushed 386.1-Alpha2 to the AC5300 - reset factory - searched and failed many times]. Stock firmware for the AC5300 still on 384 - so didn't try that.

Reverted to RMerlin 384.19.0 on both routers [main and node] and back to rock steady throughout.

5300 will not work at all on this alpha for ai-mesh it seems. My main ac88 sees it, but will not detect it as a mesh node no matter what I do. That included full reset on both multiple times. manually setting it to a mesh node and a couple other combos. Hardwire and WPS connect didn't work. I can ping router but will not be detected as a mesh node. Despite me being able to ping it, when I try to access web gui or ssh, it will not load if in mesh node mode.

Going to go back to last 384.19 on 5300 to test and see if that will work with newest alpha2 on ac88 and report back.

UPDATE: Nothing I tried worked. It seems like this might be a specific issue to the 5300 because I was having all kinds of weird issues even setting it up in default mode.

I had to do a hard reset on all devices and go back to 384.19 to get everything working again. Will wait for next revision.

Thanks for all your hard work Merlin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!