What's new

Toggling access on/off for devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

burntoc

Occasional Visitor
Can anyone help me with this? I have been on a fork of tomato for the last few years and I can create rules and enable them to block access the internet for my kids when it is dinner time, bedtime, etc.

I can't seem to find the best way to do this with Merlin. Snot time-based per se and I like that I can have multiple devices in a rule for easy toggling. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

Have you looked at Parental Controls? You'll find it listed when you select AIProtectiom under the General settings on the left of the screen of the GUI. I think it will do exactly what you want.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you looked at Parental Controls? You'll find it listed when you select AIProtectiom under the General settings on the left of the screen of the GUI. I think it will do exactly what you want.

Thank you for the welcome! I have looked at them on stock, not Merlin but I presume that area is identical. I guess in that case I'd just set time restrictions and not click any time block to allow and then enable it to effectively block them?

I think that would work, though as best I can tell it would be 1 device for each toggle. Of all the production features, I think the only one I'd really miss is Access Restrictions. I attached a screenshot and you can see it makes it super, super easy to do things like this.

Attachments

• 2017-11-22_16-04-58.png
    2017-11-22_16-04-58.png
    185 KB · Views: 323
Yes, it does indeed look super easy. A couple of other things: note that the Parental Controls can be set only in one-hour blocks, and, you might want to explore the possibility of using the Network Services filter instead of Parental Controls. An example post that should give you a flavour in case you want to delve deeper is at:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...internet-access-only-at-specific-times.35213/

I've not had cause to use either, so I have no personal experience.

Yes, it does indeed look super easy. A couple of other things: note that the Parental Controls can be set only in one-hour blocks, and, you might want to explore the possibility of using the Network Services filter instead of Parental Controls. An example post that should give you a flavour in case you want to delve deeper is at:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...internet-access-only-at-specific-times.35213/

I've not had cause to use either, so I have no personal experience.

Thanks much. After thinking through this more, I think network services is going to be the easier approach. A bit of a sledgehammer compared to what I had with Tomato, but it will work. Thanks again!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!