What's new

Transmission doesn't work properly after rebooting router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

newbasus

New Around Here
Hello,

After rebooting router, transmission doesn't recognize torrent seed files when I put them in Watch directory. (But transmission is working on when I check router.asus.com:9091)

Only after I manually restart transmission, it recognizes torrent seed files in Watch directory when I put them in
(using /opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission stop, /opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission start)

Why watch function doesn't work properly after rebooting when transmission starts normally?

Thanks.

Router: Asus ac68u
Firmware: 386.11 merlin
Transmission: 4.0.3-4 daemon, remote (Installed through entware amtm.)
wach directory function: "true"

I suspect the external drive mounting is slower than your transmission to up and running after reboot. Maybe you can try to put that restart command on the post-mount script inside the /jffs/scripts folder and see how it goes

I suspect the external drive mounting is slower than your transmission to up and running after reboot. Maybe you can try to put that restart command on the post-mount script inside the /jffs/scripts folder and see how it goes
Wow, Thanks a lot. It works perfect!!

I added this line in post-mount scripts
/opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission restart
and then
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/post-mount

Now even after rebooting, It works perfect! Thanks again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!