What's new

Transmit Rate problem w the latest merlin build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ozgurcnbyz

Regular Contributor
Hi,
After flashing my ac66u with the latest merlin build (35.4) i am having a huge transmit rate problem specially with the 5ghz network. i am only 4 meters and a wall away from the router and the transmit rate is around 54 mbps. 2.4 ghz is around 200 mbps which i am happy with. the first thing i did was to reboot the router but that didn't help at all. then i tested the connection with different devices to see if its my mid 2012 macbook that didn't want to play . so i used apple tv, iPad, iPhone 5s , dell latitude laptop but the result was always the same. has anyone ever had similar problems ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 21.01.59.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 21.01.59.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 21.02.27.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 21.02.27.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 216
Your MCS index is only 9 which implies that the AP thinks you're a long way away (I suggested in some other threads that the actual TX rate is calculated based on the MCS, so if the MCS is wrong - the TX rate will follow. At least thats my understanding). Thats clearly not right if you're 2Ghz is up at 22 and you're in the same physical location.

Can you try 2 things

1) In the admin page, just go to the wireless / professional tab for the 5Ghz radio and click apply (dont change anything).
2) If that doesnt fix the issue, change the 'explicit beamforming' option on that professional page to 'disabled' and click 'apply' again

Edit: Not sure which part of the world you are in, but you may want to enable the 802.11h under the 'regulation' section to avoid any known 5Ghz interference bands.

Last edited:
thank you very much for your response. tried what you said but no dice. i think i am going to replace this with an airport extreme or another router.

Reset to factory defaults at your router, change of the channel produce the same problem? Did you delete the wireless profile at all your devices?

Sent from my ME302KL using Tapatalk