What's new

USB Mounting issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

m0rg0th

New Around Here
Hi,
I have seen several threads regarding problems with mounting USB drives on the AC66U, but my issue seems to be a little different than what has been reported.
Either way, sorry if its a repost.

I have had my router since April, and haven't had any issues with the ASUS firmware. I have had a Mediasonic HUR1-SU3S2 with a 1 TB HDD connected for all this time and it mounted fine and never had any issues.

Today i was setting up a media server PC (running windows 8) and decided to connect the enclosure to an external SATA Port to test which configuration would be faster for file transfers. when i connected the enclosure back to the Router it was never able to mount it again.
i installed Merlin's latest stable firmware (3.0.0.4.270.26b) and rebooted a couple of times. nothing has helped so far. I cant help feeling that somehow windows changed something on the disk. the disk mounts without issues on the windows machine

i am quite illiterate in networking so any help would be greatly appreciated

Here is the Log:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!