What's new

vpnmgr vpnmgr - Manage and update VPN Client configurations for NordVPN and PIA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which VPN provider do you use?

• Total voters
I'll have to double check but block would make sense as a default. Can you let me know why you need to allow inbound connections on your VPN client?
Also, maybe the feature set should be to keep all of the other options that are currently set for the vpn client with the only change that vpnmgr is doing when resetting is finding the next best server. I can totally understand if you're first setting up the vpn client via vpnmgr, but once tweaks are made via the client page.....should keep them?

I would like to know if you can configure protonvpn in this script

ovpn.com

There are too many vpn providers to meet the requirements for each one.
Fantastic Jack probably put much juju in the script to have two.
I would have liked to see surfshark, my current vpn provider in there, but it ain't gonna happen.
I may switch to Nord or PIA when my 'script runs out.

Has anyone else noticed that amtm u does not work when connected ?

How will this interact with new VPN Director?
and

:)

I previous ran the install line, and got vpnmgr to show up as a tab in the VPN GUI. But then sometime later, I rebooted the router, and the tab disappeared although I can run vpnmgr from the CLI. Now I just redid the install script but the tab still refuses to display. Is there something I can do to get that tab back?

I previous ran the install line, and got vpnmgr to show up as a tab in the VPN GUI. But then sometime later, I rebooted the router, and the tab disappeared although I can run vpnmgr from the CLI. Now I just redid the install script but the tab still refuses to display. Is there something I can do to get that tab back?
you're not still on 384.19_0 are you? i don't think that will contribute but that version is getting on a bit
try
Code:
vpnmgr startup force

That worked, thanks. Is that something I should do after a reboot? Also, can I tell from a script if the tab will be visible in the GUI?

Yes to 384.19. I know I'll need to transition to 386 at some point, but 384.19 is mostly solid for me, and 386 still looks like it has not settled down yet.

That worked, thanks. Is that something I should do after a reboot? Also, can I tell from a script if the tab will be visible in the GUI?

Yes to 384.19. I know I'll need to transition to 386 at some point, but 384.19 is mostly solid for me, and 386 still looks like it has not settled down yet.
Personally I don't think it's wise running a firmware with a vulnerable dnsmasq
Code:
386.1 (30-Jan-2021)
UPDATED: dnsmasq to 2.84, resolving CVE-2020-25681,
             CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687,
             CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685 and
             CVE-2020-25686 aka DNSpooq

I get this from one of the thread to check addons tab name. Not sure if this is helpful but I do agree with @Jack Yaz on upgrade to 386. You may notice some temperature hike but nothing much to worry about. It has been stable for me.
Code:
ls -lah /tmp/var/wwwext | grep -TE "user[1-9]+.*";grep -TH . /tmp/var/wwwext/*.title;grep -THE "user[1-9]\." /tmp/menuTree.js

Thanks, that code is useful.
Personally I don't think it's wise running a firmware with a vulnerable dnsmasq
Right, looks like I better get going and make the transition.

I get this from one of the thread to check addons tab name. Not sure if this is helpful but I do agree with @Jack Yaz on upgrade to 386. You may notice some temperature hike but nothing much to worry about. It has been stable for me.
Code:
ls -lah /tmp/var/wwwext | grep -TE "user[1-9]+.*";grep -TH . /tmp/var/wwwext/*.title;grep -THE "user[1-9]\." /tmp/menuTree.js
Thanks, this does look useful.

Right, looks like I better get going and make the transition.

About this. I'm running unbound in addition to dnsmasq. For this config, are the dnsmasq vulnerabilities an issue? I thought that for a dns query, dnsmasq resolves from its cache, but if not there, it goes to unbound, and that dnsmasq does not go out to the big, internet itself. If that is right, then it's unbound's job to protect against the baddies not dnsmasq. Have I got that right? I'm using the default config files for unbound and dnsmasq.

Running into issues with VPN Client 1 (managed by vpnmgr) since updating to 386.3.

Unable to connect to VPN Server and the following error is listed on the VPN Client Tab:
Code:
Error - check configuration!

Reviewing the log, I see the following:
Code:
Jul 26 09:19:44 ovpn-client1[26824]: Options error: In config.ovpn:52: Maximum option line length (256) exceeded, line starts with mssfix

Any tips on troubleshooting? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling vpnmgr and issue persists.

Reduce your line length in the options with the line that starts with mssfix. (I would remove to test first).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!