What's new

Web History, Statistics of Traffic Analyzer and System Log to USB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomofamber

New Around Here
Hi,
I am newbie with ASUS router. I have RT-AC86U and with pleasure I find out, I can use alternative firmware, Merlinwrt.

I like extended possibilities, especially (I hope, I write correct titles in English...) Web History, Statistics of Traffic Analyzer and System Log. In Merlinwrt can be set Traffic history location so I plug USB flash disk and set it for saving data. On USB disk were be created only one file tomato_rstats_0c9d92498700.gz . After almost one day It has only 93 bytes, so it's obviously does not match the data that can be accumulated in one day...

So I read and read with my bad english forums and find out, that a lot of users is more advanced and used some scripts through the terminal interface.

Is exists some method for noobs for setting to saving Web History, Statistics of Traffic Analyzer and System Log to USB?

Hi,
I am newbie with ASUS router. I have RT-AC86U and with pleasure I find out, I can use alternative firmware, Merlinwrt.

I like extended possibilities, especially (I hope, I write correct titles in English...) Web History, Statistics of Traffic Analyzer and System Log. In Merlinwrt can be set Traffic history location so I plug USB flash disk and set it for saving data. On USB disk were be created only one file tomato_rstats_0c9d92498700.gz . After almost one day It has only 93 bytes, so it's obviously does not match the data that can be accumulated in one day...

So I read and read with my bad english forums and find out, that a lot of users is more advanced and used some scripts through the terminal interface.

Is exists some method for noobs for setting to saving Web History, Statistics of Traffic Analyzer and System Log to USB?

Traffic Analyzer and Web History use SQL databases ('/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db' and/'jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db')

NOTE: The location of the databases may differ on the RT-AC86U?

Here are my scripts to report on the SQL databases:
Web History Reporting and Management (Traffic Analyzer/Aiprotection Monitor)

So you could use cru (aka cron) to schedule a daily backup to '/opt/var/'

e.g. Traffic Analyzer SQL database backup to USB '/opt/var/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db-Backup-YYYYMMDD-000000'
Code:
cru BackupTA_db "0 0 * * *" /jffs/scripts/TrafficAnalyzer.sh "backup"

How much history is retained or can be retained and does it ever fill up jffs? It would be handy to periodically flush or archive to USB.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!