What's new

what is the best standard n router for both just one band 2.4ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

well, I'll be one to disagree on Netgear (and D-Link). Some good models, lots of terrible ones.

Linksys, Belkin and Buffalo rarely have a badly designed or implemented product. My opinion is what it is, and is based on using WiFi since day 1, and before when it was frequency hopping.

Using newegg.com's user ratings: throw out the weirdo reviews, look at the norms, and you can do your on informed selection.

Unfortunately, we don't have valid/credible critiques in the PC magazines anymore.

I've been very pleased with the Linksys WRT320N, it's been working well for me with good range and overall performance. It is dual band(one or the other) but I've only used it in the 2.4Ghz band. I've found it to be a very solid model.

well, I'll be one to disagree on Netgear (and D-Link). Some good models, lots of terrible ones.

Don't kid yourself, they ALL make good and bad models. In the consumer space the best overall for range and throughput is the Netgear WNDR3700.

where can i get the best wireless n router advice that is not technical

where can i get the best wireless n router advice that is not technical and i can understand easily

Read the reviews on newegg.com. Throw out the high and low and dumbells.

On this forum, you will get only the opinion of a too-small number of people.

what do you mean throw out the high and low and dumbells?

what do you mean throw out the high and low and dumbells and please don't use really big words talk normally

Last edited: