What's new

Solved Where do I find in the GUI menu to change router.asus.com to 192.168.1.1 ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Option to disable redirect to router.asus.com in Administration > System
Thank you! I'll reply once I return home. Could have sworn I thoroughly searched all Admin/System stuff. Guess this coffee will help! LOL

Thank you! I'll reply once I return home. Could have sworn I thoroughly searched all Admin/System stuff. Guess this coffee will help! LOL
AX Series uses 192.168.50.1 as the default.
You may run into problems if using the APP.

I would suggest you leave it as is.

Option to disable redirect to router.asus.com in Administration > System
Okay... I still don't see it. Highlighted "disable":

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 166
It should be just below where the bottom of your screenshot is cut off:
My bad. I thought I selected full window snap. Anyways... it was already selected to NO. Now I'm really screwed up! :D o_O

Attachments

• capture3.JPG
    capture3.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 136
In your signature you have RT-AX88U - default IP is 192.168.50.1 as @Tech9 posted, unless you've changed it.

I'm curious about this feature. I always thought it was just an entry in the router's hosts file. When I used a static DNS address for my desktop, it didn't work and I added it to my desktop's hosts file to make things simpler.

I never noticed this setting, but I see it is set to "No", but still the url works as long as I use the router's DNS. So, I'm wondering what it does if I set it to "Yes". Would that have been an alternative to my local hosts file setting for using a different DNS address?

Looking at the router's hosts file, I now have a bunch of entries, some from my desktop's hosts file, so I'm not sure which ones are original. Strange that it enters things I've used without asking me.