What's new

Whois my router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wildbill999

New Around Here
Whois my router?

I cannot log in to my OWN router web interface dashboard from the Asus's networking site url.
It is directing me to a AC-66U model and I have a RT-AC68U.
How do I get to my own router? It has worked only when I had to set up the router and when I had to factory reboot it.

Can my router access be blocked or re-directed by a ISP?

I have tried the 192.168.1.1. and the router.asus.com site neither take me directly to my router.

Any ideas please pass them on.

Thanks,
Bill

Whois my router?

I cannot log in to my OWN router web interface dashboard from the Asus's networking site url.
It is directing me to a AC-66U model and I have a RT-AC68U.
How do I get to my own router? It has worked only when I had to set up the router and when I had to factory reboot it.

Can my router access be blocked or re-directed by a ISP?

I have tried the 192.168.1.1. and the router.asus.com site neither take me directly to my router.

Any ideas please pass them on.

Thanks,
Bill
Try clearing out your browser cache, cookies, and history settings. The exit and restart the browser and try to login to your router again at 192.168.1.1

Try clearing out your browser cache, cookies, and history settings. The exit and restart the browser and try to login to your router again at 192.168.1.1

Along these lines, instead of clearing all those setting you can just open the site in Incognito or Private Browsing mode. Sometimes it is the only thing that works for me so I use it almost exclusively now for sites where caching can be annoying.

Alternate process...

I have figured out how to access my router via the control panel.
This is in Win 7 64 bit...

Here is the process:

control panel
view network
select the router
right click it
view device web page
VIOLA!!!

wildbill999,

You should also be able to double click on the icon when viewing the network too. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!