What's new

Why do I need to sell my soul to boot the kids off the internet at bedtime?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was going to enable internet scheduling on my AC68U for the kids iPhones

Ok, they have iPhones - so if the WiFi don't work, the LTE will... and with Apple's "WiFi assist" feature, it'll jump automagically over to LTE if WiFi isn't working.

Couple of things to consider - maybe a Mobile Device Management solution - JamfNow, or even Apple's Configurator 2 if you're running a Mac - there you can have some granular policy control over the iPhones (and iPad/Apple TV as well).

Or just do it the old-fashioned way - homework/bedtime - phones go into a cardbox box on top of the fridge, with a fearsome penalty (not actually carried out, but something of value that would be deprived if a line is crossed)

parenting is hard work, technology makes it even more of a challenge.

coxhaus, you and me both. :)

Older kids are hardwired to go to sleep later and wake up later. School day timings are broken for them. They have my sympathy. I spent many a night listening to AM talk radio or Capital Gold under my duvet as it was the only stations I could get. That and trying to tune into the occasional police frequency right at the end of the spectrum.

When I was a kid I got in trouble for running an AM transistor radio under the covers when I was suppose to go to bed. I guess I am old.

I used to spend all night listening to radio Luxembourg and radio Caroline, couldn't hide the radio under the covers though, it would have been a bit obvious,uncomfortable and have probably caught fire.

ac11.jpg

Helped to keep the room warm though .