What's new

wifi aimesh is getting extremely slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gravityz

i noticed that my wifi is extremely slow
wifi devices are very hard to reach as if something is jamming the wifi
after a reboot things are ok again.
in the past i have had this issue but did not have it for a very long time
anybody else have had this happened

main router is a RT-AX88U and mesh node is a RT-AC86U , both on latest official
i must say i upgraded the RT-AC86U last week so maybee this is causing things to happen
current RT-AC86 fw is 51529
previous fw was 51255

Check to see if the backhaul is dropping to 2.4 GHz. If you have fixed channels try auto channels and do not use DFS.

Iam on a ax86u pro and have a ac86u as node. I just checked the wifi speed on my ac86u with my Poco X3 Pro. And i just got 590down/410 up. That's what I normally get on the ac unit. Seems fast enough. What is extremely slow to begin with?

ok. i have fixed channels(11 and 100) and DFS, is that a problem?

with extremely slow i mean when you open a webpage of a device it loads after 1 minute or does not load at all
this on 2.4Ghz on the main router with devices oconnected to the main router.
so it seems the aimesh is killing the complete wifi
at that moment i tried several wireless devices and most of them experience the same thing

Last edited:
ok. i have fixed channels(11 and 100) and DFS, is that a problem?

with extremely slow i mean when you open a webpage of a device it loads after 1 minute or does not load at all
this on 2.4Ghz on the main router with devices oconnected to the main router.
so it seems the aimesh is killing the complete wifi
at that moment i tried several wireless devices and most of them experience the same thing
Yes, DFS channels can be a problem and shut off the 5 GHz if hit by RADAR. Try auto channel with dual band SmartConnect.

that is not the problem.
even with the 5ghz shut off the 2.4 ghz should perform ok

als i have better experience with smartconnect off and roaming on

that is not the problem.
even with the 5ghz shut off the 2.4 ghz should perform ok

als i have better experience with smartconnect off and roaming on
Well, you really do not know if it is the problem. The firmware has changed and just maybe you need to try something new. Might also help to do a factory reset and reconfigure the router and node.

could it be that it is a matter of router filling up things without knowing. it was on for at least 50 days.
e.g. it is known that the networkmap stops working after a couple of weeks. for this reason i kill that networkmap daemon every sunday so it stays a live.
maybe we can do te same with a wifi daemon

i will see how things will progress
for now i have reset the router and mesh node, changed the 2.4ghz to auto and the problem is gone(hopefully forever)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!