What's new

WLAN AX88U vs. AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ollimoe

Regular Contributor
Just testing an AX88U with 384.14 - configured manually from scratch - against my previous AC86U, also on 384.14. If I compare wireless performance it currently feels like the AX88U is a bit stronger on 5Ghz bur weaker on 2.4Ghz. Both routers configured same, fixed channels and surely not running in parallel to influence results :) Has anybody similar experience with the AX88U being a bit weaker on the wireless side?

Will take the AX88U to 384.13 to see if this has any impact on wireless performance. Nobody esle any experience or feedback?

Downgraded to 384.13 on the AX88U - I can confirm changes to signial on 2.4 Ghz (increease) and 5Ghz (decrease). Config also lost client information for some devices - so looks to me like significant changes in between versions. Will monitor next couple of days how we are doing with regards to WiFi signal strength compared to the yet-not-sold AC86U ...

Pretty sure the wifi drivers are closed on the Asus... RMerlin has no control over it.

Understood - the primary imtemt is to understand if thereis a difference and where. Simply to understand what is going on and which way to go....

Gesendet von meinem H8216 mit Tapatalk