What's new

YazFi Support AiMesh Yet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pjd50

Regular Contributor
I'm looking to install YazFi but have AiMesh nodes on a wired backhaul...

All my searches seemed to show that YazFi did not support AiMesh nodes (but there were plans to) - but these were threads/comments from 1-2 years ago. I checked the change logs and saw no mention of AiMesh ... but thought I'd ask --- in the last 1.5 years has AiMesh support been added to Yazfi?

No.

And FYI, YazFi is no longer supported/actively developed (but still works well for most).

Yes, really. See who is credited.

A script that is updated a year or more apart isn't 'actively updated' anymore.

GN1 is a good place for your Iot devices, yes. Unless you can script/debug too (if necessary).

For Guest Network to nodes you have no choice but use whatever is available in Asuswrt.

I'm looking to install YazFi but have AiMesh nodes on a wired backhaul...

All my searches seemed to show that YazFi did not support AiMesh nodes (but there were plans to) - but these were threads/comments from 1-2 years ago. I checked the change logs and saw no mention of AiMesh ... but thought I'd ask --- in the last 1.5 years has AiMesh support been added to Yazfi?
No. AiMesh is not supported under YazFi. Jack Yaz, the originals developer, has stepped away from actively developing YazFi.
Jack's reply to a question about AiMesh support:
that depends if Asus have solved the "protocol is buggy" messages and other problems people see with guest syncing to nodes. once that's fixed on all models, I will happily start working on adding yazfi to it :)
And here:
YazFi doesn't work on Aimesh nodes. The guest network on the node will be unrestricted
And his reply about no longer actively supporting his scripts:
I pop up occasionally, but since I moved to pfSense and UniFi, and my Asus routers decided to give up the ghost, I'm not actively developing anymore. I chime in on support requests when I have time as well
There is another user, @Martinski, who is updating or adding to certain elements of Jack Yaz's scripts (YazFi and YazDHCP) but so far no indication (I think) of supporting AiMesh under YazFi.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @ddgg.

No.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!