What's new

"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

canknucklehead

New Around Here
Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to networking. I have an ASUS RT-AC68U, running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68_2. My ISP is Rogers here in Canada, I am using their Hitron "Gigabit" cable modem.

So, at least a few times a day, my internet access will just disappear. I would have to log into the ASUS web interface and will see on the Network Map that my Internet Status: would read "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly". The comment would be underlined and is a clickable link. I would need to click on it for the Asus router to reacquire an IP address. Can anyone offer an idea of why this happens and how I can prevent it for good?

Many thank and sorry if this is a repeat thread. I tried to search for it in this forum and found nothing.

Thank you again.

If the DHCP mode is set to Aggressive then switch it to Normal on the WAN page.

Yup I'm on the Teksavvy network which piggybacks on the Rogers trunks and I had to do what Merlin mentioned to get things working correctly long term...was hit and miss until the change.

Not sure if it's a recent change, but Spectrum in Los Angeles at least doesn't play well with aggressive mode either. It only started being a problem for me about a month ago, after we had a power outage and I had to reset my network. Oddly, for me, one of the manifestations was weird IPV6 problems. Go figure.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!