What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK thanks for advice. Yes sure it's an alpha version, can't expect too much. Then again I already have annoying issues with asus official release. So why not try merlins alpha :)
Well, i'm hoping a beta will be available within the next couple of weeks so ill hold off until then...good luck with the alpha2... it seems pretty stable based from the info here.

OK thanks for advice. Yes sure it's an alpha version, can't expect too much. Then again I already have annoying issues with asus official release. So why not try merlins alpha :)
Give it a go. I don’t use AiMesh, so can’t comment there. WiFi has been solid. Just make a backup, in case you need to go back.

Hi

I have the ax88u and can't connect the asus 580c 2,4hz, only if Protected Management Frames was disable, but with the latest alfa firmware cannot disable this setting. If downgrade works fine.

Hi

I have the ax88u and can't connect the asus 580c 2,4hz, only if Protected Management Frames was disable, but with the latest alfa firmware cannot disable this setting. If downgrade works fine.

Create a backup config file of your settings with a copy of the firmware that works.

Flash the A2 RMerlin firmware. Reset to factory defaults and then do a minimal and manual configuration (do not use the backup config file you created) to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

You may also want to use new SSID's too (at least to test at this point).

Test that the device connects and then continue manually customizing the router to set it up as you need checking at each step that all devices are behaving as expected for you.

If the above tests fail, simply flash the firmware you know works, do a reset to factory defaults and then restore with the backup config file you created to get you back to a working place (i.e. where you are now). :)

After flashing RMerlin's A2 firmware, be sure to also use the format the JFFS partition on the next boot option and then reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots too. ;)

Create a backup config file of your settings with a copy of the firmware that works.

Flash the A2 RMerlin firmware. Reset to factory defaults and then do a minimal and manual configuration (do not use the backup config file you created) to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

You may also want to use new SSID's too (at least to test at this point).

Test that the device connects and then continue manually customizing the router to set it up as you need checking at each step that all devices are behaving as expected for you.

If the above tests fail, simply flash the firmware you know works, do a reset to factory defaults and then restore with the backup config file you created to get you back to a working place (i.e. where you are now). :)

After flashing RMerlin's A2 firmware, be sure to also use the format the JFFS partition on the next boot option and then reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots too. ;)
Thank you for your help, I tried but don't work... it's only me that can't disable the option Protected Management Frames ?

Thank you for your help, I tried but don't work... it's only me that can't disable the option Protected Management Frames ?

A full reset didn't work? There must be other issues here?

A full reset didn't work? There must be other issues here?

Asus hardcoding it back to Capable if you set it to Disabled. Out of my control.

Current Version : 384.14_alpha2-g5060deff5 on RT-AC66U_B1 Traffic history location - Custom (saving to /jffs)
2nd time this has happened. Yes NAT Acceleration set to Auto but running 384-13 this does not happen...
Clipboard01.jpg

Yes NAT Acceleration set to Auto but running 384-13 this does not happen...

Doesn't matter, Asus always said that NAT acceleration has to be disabled if you want reliable data. They cannot guarantee that it will work properly, because only Broadcom knows what is going in on that blackbox. Asus themselves don't have access to its source code either.

Now my RT-AX88U and RT-AC68U is running on alpha 2. Must say seems really promising so far. No issues yet what I have noticed and much less "overflowing" logs etc. I haven't yet tried it out so much, it's a bit early to say how much better or worse it is but in a about 24h it has been running smoothly.

just wondering im getting this error
/jffs/scripts resides on a read-only file system.
curl: (23) Failed writing received data to disk/application

Any ideas on how to fix it, i was having ssh not login at first then i changed the port to 24 it works then back to 22, this is after a factory reset im getting this issue.

the format jffs at boot option did nothing sadly

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of these entries in the Dnsmasq log which affects the statistics function in Diversion:
Code:
Oct 21 08:15:14 dnsmasq[1830]: query[A] lo from 127.0.0.1
Oct 21 08:15:14 dnsmasq[1830]: config lo is NODATA-IPv4
Oct 21 08:15:14 dnsmasq[1830]: query[A] br0 from 127.0.0.1
Oct 21 08:15:14 dnsmasq[1830]: config br0 is NODATA-IPv4
Can these queries be suppressed through the UI or would I simply have to filter these out of the dnsmasq log file?

Been running alpha2 for a few days and it's nice and stable for me, wouldn't think this was an alpha as so stable for me, bearing in mind i've done dirty upgrades since 384.10 :eek: and still going strong :D

Hi

I have been running the 81039 and 81049 FW since the day theyt came out. Not a singel reboot issue. Updated to RT-AC86U_384.14_alpha2-g5060deff5c_cferom_ubi.w saturday evening, my router does not auto reboot. Stopped both yesterday and today. Coinsidence or fault?

Doesn't matter, Asus always said that NAT acceleration has to be disabled if you want reliable data. They cannot guarantee that it will work properly, because only Broadcom knows what is going in on that blackbox. Asus themselves don't have access to its source code either.
One more time..
CTF, NAT Acceleration, disabled on 384.13. Upgraded to 384.14 Alpha2. Transferred files from PC to NAS and back over wired and WIFI.
Clipboard01-21.jpg
Results the same as when CTF is enabled.
Is it possible that something changed in the Asus code that I will have to live with? I am moving in a couple of weeks, FIOS in the new place, and would really like to use this router with CTF enabled.
I apologize in advance for being persistent...

Is it possible that something changed in the Asus code that I will have to live with?

As I mentioned, hardware acceleration is a blackbox over which even Asus has no control. Only Broadcom would know if something ever changed in the hardware acceleration code. I don't know if it did, and chances are that Asus doesn't know either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!