What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww. Hoped it was possible to do something about it without waiting on Asus
You can. Change your DDNS provider to say No-IP for instance. Asus DDNS works but not with LE.

You can. Change your DDNS provider to say No-IP for instance. Asus DDNS works but not with LE.
Hmm... Tried No-IP and it works ofcourse (just like the Asus DDNS did) but I get "bad comm" in sys logs in the acme-client and the server certificate status in DDNS is permanently "updating"... Just because the ddns is changed does not change the fact that LE needs a newer client (and my problem was only LE). Am I missing a point or something?

Hmm... Tried No-IP and it works ofcourse (just like the Asus DDNS did) but I get "bad comm" in sys logs in the acme-client and the server certificate status in DDNS is permanently "updating"... Just because the ddns is changed does not change the fact that LE needs a newer client (and my problem was only LE). Am I missing a point or something?
No, you're right it's a LE problem. I use a pixelserv-tls generated certificate. I had the same issue as you.

do i need to worry about this?
kernel: jffs2: warning: (27859) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -8

Did that already or I wouldn't be asking, I'm not even using traffic analyser, which was what cause it for someone.

As per the first (and multiple other results);

Following those links you find your anwser;

This one is just a transient warning...

JFFS2 has an erased block summary, and sometimes it's too big to write, so you get the error - it's slows down mounting a bit, once the garbage collector runs through and cleans things up, should be fine...

Along with;

I don't know/understand the inner workings of flash memory. I'm only going by what those two links said and the fact that the message is a "warning" not an error. I looked at the source code for that message and doesn't seem to be an issue AFAICT. It even says it's "non-fatal".
Code:
    /* Is there enough space for summary? */
    if (padsize < 0) {
        /* don't try to write out summary for this jeb */
        jffs2_sum_disable_collecting(c->summary);

JFFS2_WARNING("Not enough space for summary, padsize = %d\n",
                  padsize);
        /* Non-fatal */
        return 0;
    }

As per the first (and multiple other results);

Following those links you find your anwser;

Along with;
So a simple no is extremely difficult, Ive already read about the flash memory, I also read about Merlin saying that in one case it was triggered by the traffic analyser.

I also read about Merlin saying that in one case it was triggered by the traffic analyser.

Anything that writes to jffs2 can potentially trigger the message. Traffic Analyzer is one thing, but there are quite a few others, including system logging.

Any inside scoop from ASUS if AC3200 will get a component update? :rolleyes:

Anything that writes to jffs2 can potentially trigger the message. Traffic Analyzer is one thing, but there are quite a few others, including system logging.
I was just concerned, due to when a factory reset the router the jffs directory was locked, couldn't write to it, so I had to downgrade and re format then upgrade back to the alpha to get SSH working again and the jffs partion to have the scrips folder that was missing, I almost thought it was a carry over issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!