What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
.13 has been great for me too, but I'll give the beta of .14 a try anyway.

Hi Merlin,

I just saw that source code for version 3.0.0.4.384.81049 of the RP-AC1900 repeater (it is a rare repeater, recently announced that seems to predate the RP-AC68U) is published in ASUS web site. Just wanted to share the news in case any part of it could be useful for building the 384.14 alpha for any other model.

If you look closely, people have complained about every single release for the past 2-3 years...

A lot of people who complain do zero troubleshooting of their network, and instantly blame the router firmware for everything not working to their liking. I once had a blind test done by users where people reported differences in wifi performance between two firmware images i had provided them, where I hadn't told them that both images actually had the exact same wifi code... (actually, I provided three separate firmware images, but only two had differences. And people reported differences between the two identical releases.)

That's when I stopped caring about wifi related complains.

To be fair, though, 81039 was a steaming pile of $!$#@$!#$ from the minute it was released. You can't blame people for a little skepticism on this right now.
81049 reintroduced at least one formerly-squashed bug in the messages, so, again, you get some fears about testing and whatnot.

Hi Merlin,

I just saw that source code for version 3.0.0.4.384.81049 of the RP-AC1900 repeater (it is a rare repeater, recently announced that seems to predate the RP-AC68U) is published in ASUS web site. Just wanted to share the news in case any part of it could be useful for building the 384.14 alpha for any other model.

81049 for the AC68U was already merged on September 14th.

Any DHCP fixes in .14? I've noticed a few issues on .13 on my 86U my smart scale seems to stop being able to connect to the router and I have to reboot to get it to work again, my Blu-ray player also had troubling getting an IP via DHCP so had to set it to a static IP which fixed that.. no issues with other devices though, these problems only started with .13 though.

Any DHCP fixes in .14? I've noticed a few issues on .13 on my 86U my smart scale seems to stop being able to connect to the router and I have to reboot to get it to work again, my Blu-ray player also had troubling getting an IP via DHCP so had to set it to a static IP which fixed that.. no issues with other devices though, these problems only started with .13 though.
Not to derail this thread, but out of curiosity, was that a GreaterGoods wifi scale? I had nothing but intermittent wifi connection issues with one of those scales on the 86U, regardless of which firmware version I was running. I finally gave up, and the company (after much troubleshooting), sent me a Bluetooth version (which works fine, but I need the phone nearby and their app open for it to sync).

Last edited:
Not to derail this thread, but out of curiosity, was that a GreaterGoods wifi scale? I had nothing but intermittent wifi connection issues with one of those scales on the 86U, regardless of which firmware version I was running. I finally gave up, and the company (after much troubleshooting), sent me a Bluetooth version (which works fine, but I need the phone nearby and their app open for it to sync).

It’s a Withings Body+

Just realized I have a blue cave I can test on and not peeve the wife. I'll load it up later.

On a related note: Would you want that hardware for testing rmerlin? Wife has ordered I get rid of it and I'd as soon donate it as muss with eBay.

Just realized I have a blue cave I can test on and not peeve the wife. I'll load it up later.

On a related note: Would you want that hardware for testing rmerlin? Wife has ordered I get rid of it and I'd as soon donate it as muss with eBay.

Thanks, but I already had a Bluecave. Gave it to a friend a few months ago as she needed a new router, and I never used it.

@RMerlin, I apologise for my ignorance in advanced, but is there a RT-AC86U alpha in the works? No rush...just curious. Thanks for all you do.

Decided to try this on my 1900 and its running great, ty again!

In curious about the QoS preformace with the adjustment to fake tc, I'm extremely excited for the changes that come once an AX 88u build becomes available.

In curious about the QoS preformace with the adjustment to fake tc, I'm extremely excited for the changes that come once an AX 88u build becomes available.
what changes ?

It will have zero impact on performance. It's strictly used for configuring the rules, those rules are exactly the same as before.

It will have zero impact on performance. It's strictly used for configuring the rules, those rules are exactly the same as before.
My main curiosity was about if there was a possibility that it would silence the contrak errors about the table being full, I was looking for an alternative to the script by ram guy.

So that I understand correctly, the time it takes to set up the rules may have a minor boost to the time it takes to set them up?

I have used Alpha 1 for a while now and seems that "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list" have disappeared.
Someone else seen this?

Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list .jpg

Skriptet från “https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/10...904635776723266_1570205615849&_=1570205615850” laddades trots att dess MIME-typ (“text/html”) inte är en giltig JavaScript MIME-typ.
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'

I have used Alpha 1 for a while now and seems that "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list" have disappeared.
Someone else seen this?

View attachment 19481

Skriptet från “https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/10...904635776723266_1570205615849&_=1570205615850” laddades trots att dess MIME-typ (“text/html”) inte är en giltig JavaScript MIME-typ.
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'
Mine are still there. examine the amount of NVRAM you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!