What's new

384 - Dual Wan - Is it supported?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Barney Dalton

New Around Here
Hi,
I've just upgraded my AC68U to 384.5 from an older 380 version (second time I have tried as I had this same behaviour a few months ago and rolled back). I also performed a factory reset as part of the upgrade.

When I enable dual WAN (second connection is on LAN Port 1) I lose all visibility of network traffic in the Adaptive QoS screen. Also the Traffic Analyzer only has a single WAN tab - again showing no traffic.

Should dual WAN work in the same way as 380?

I think I'm to roll back to 380 again. Overall performance seems much worse in 384 and I have no visibility of where the problem might be due to the Bandwidth monitor and Traffic Analyzer being broken

did you do a factory reset. I went from 379 to 384 and did a factory reset. All worked for me. I didn't see any performance decrease. However I am not using Dual WAN.

I'm using it in Load-Balancing mode. One connection is ADSL and the other is a microwave link. They're quite different speeds (particularly upload) so I keep quite a close eye on them.

I have done the reset and rolled-back to 380 and it's working much better, and I have full visibility of both links.

Does anyone else use Dual WAN in load balance mode (AC68U)? If so, should it be working with 384. I'm keen to get off 380.
Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!