What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a problem with a AX58U:
AX58 Bad Flash 388.2A1.JPG

I have not tried the 2nd one yet.

Tried several times to flash with same result.
Tried Electrical Reset: didn't work.
Previously on 386.7_2 and had upgraded dirty to 388.1.
I had to redo the scripts on 388.1 from recent Skynet code issue that was fixed.
Updated all scripts again today, prior to starting flash process, including the Minor-Skynet Update.

Ended up making backups of Settings & JFFS, then reset to Factory, then restored Settings, then Flashed / OK, then restored JFFS and reboot.

All appears OK at the moment.

EDIT: Second unit was able to Update Scripts then Flash. All went smoothly, no hangups.
My conclusion is that something was more fouled regarding the Skynet update, that a Factory Reset cleared, possibly in the JFFS.

Last edited:
Plain vanilla with static IPs assigned, DNS director enabled for 6 devices, Google DDNS, IPv4 and V6 port forwards.

All running well with alpha 1.

Both OVPN and WG active, and no network slow down, confirming your bypass solution works.
alpha seems to be working well and as designed.
EDIT:
@shabbs and Everyone else too.
alpha has survived Family and guests abusing my network (streaming, gaming, chatting, etc) and not a single issue!

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from 388.1 on RT-AX86S no issues after 17 hours. Both OPVPN and WG active with no isses

HW accelerationRunner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled

Edited as this morning I realised I hadn't flashed the 388.2 FC now reads as above

Last edited:
Looks like probably no changes to networkmap here since no new GPL merges? So this wont fix the networkmap memory issue I (and others) have been having? If there is a chance it would help I would be willing to try it, otherwise I typically wait for Beta.

AX56U router dirty flash from 388.1, waited for 5 mins- then reboot.
No issues observed.
Simple setup, nothing too complicated- 10 devices top- 99% are wifi connected.

AX56U AP only, dirty flash from 388.1, waited 5 mins and reboot as well- no issues observed.
I think maybe no new GPL upgraded?

Whatever it is, it made my CPU temp lower down in 5C from around 65C to 60C.
Good job as usual, thanks @RMerlin , Eric!

AX68U router dirty flash from 388.1.
No issues observed.

Looks like probably no changes to networkmap here since no new GPL merges? So this wont fix the networkmap memory issue I (and others) have been having? If there is a chance it would help I would be willing to try it, otherwise I typically wait for Beta.
This is an early snapshot of work-in-progress. At this time, this snapshot only contains what can be seen on Github.

GT AX6000, dirty flash from 388.1.
No issues observed for now, still fresh and testing.
WIFI DFS + OpenVPN Server + IPv6 Passthrough + YazFi + Entware+ Adgard Home

edit : i tried WG server. No bandwith lost or CPU usage, it's cool. I will try it with OVPN Server as well.

Last edited:
This alpha is more stable than the official release version from ASUS 3.0.0.4.388_22068
THANK YOU @RMerlin

Wireguard running fine with no issues, separate 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi.

Enabling Traffic Analyzer caused havoc and UI would timeout so I disabled it. But then again Traffic analyzer has never worked well on my AX86U and I thought it was because of disabling flow cache/acceleration. It worked fine on AC86U in the past however....

Last edited:
Time Machine backups still isn't working but it's just something I was trying for fun on my new GT-AX6000. Everything else is all good after several hours.

Last edited:
RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 are on a slightly older GPL so they cannot be compiled alongside other models compiled from master. I won't be working on these two models until I get new GPLs sometime next month.

Hi Eric,

Nice to see your never ending motivation to give us update after update. I didnt expected 388.2 this soon. THNX

Asus released Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237 last week for the Ax88U. Does this mean the GPL is updated, available and can be added? Or is this a far to new build so we need to wait for 388.3? I'm just courious if I understand how it works.

Kind regards!

Last edited:
Small question: Running the WG client in my RT-AX56U still gives extremely slow speeds on my PC using the 388.2 fw. The speedtest in the router gives very good speeds. Like 900Mbit but the same test from my PC gives me around 300Mbit.
Is this normal?

Hi Eric,

Nice to see your never ending motivation to give us update after update. I didnt expected 388.2 this soon. THNX

Asus released Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237 last week for the Ax88U. Does this mean the GPL is updated, available and can be added? Or is this a far to new build so we need to wait for 388.3? I'm just courious if I understand how it works.

Kind regards!

AX58U Main & Mesh units working good so far.

AXE16000 + 2x XT12 nodes running 160mhz backhaul. So far so good haven't test VPN yet.

This seems to fixed the network map and AImesh page issue.

When I was on 388.1 and 388.2 latest offical when loading aimesh page and network map it's slow. then on 388.1 Merling ROG and none ROG tested both also very slow when loading network map and aimesh page. I think this might be a bug in the offical firmware when running AImesh.

Currently the alpha version runs very smooth and much faster than even the offical firmware 388.2

My other setup ax11000 running 388.1 Merlin runs flawlessly no lag at all. but that setup didn't have any aimesh nodes.

thank you so much for fixing the bugs in offical firmware. I will be testing WG and VPN soon.

edit:
Update
after enabling WG it works. but now the aimesh page seems to lag again. when going there it's not loading client list and very slow. not responsive.

The router GUI seems to start lagging just like 388.1 very strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.