What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Part of the Furniture

Bump revision to 388.2 alpha 1

dropbear: updated to 2022.83
rc: add OpenVPN DNS servers at the top of the dnsmasq server list
dnsmasq: updated to 2.88
openvpn: updated to 2.5.8.
nettle: updated to 3.8.1
inadyn: updated to 2.10.0
libovpn: implement blog bypass in VPN Director for wireguard clients
shared: rc: moved wireguard blog bypass code from rc/wireguard.c to ibshared
Revert "rc: make hnd_nat_ac_init() aware of WireGuard state"
kernel: rc: implement WG bypass in blog + additional backports from upstream
webui: fix location of the Certificate download button
rc: remove NTP redirection from AiMesh Guest Network

Bumped revision to alpha 2

RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 se here

Last edited:
- NEW: Merged with GPL 388_20566 (RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000)
- NEW: Merged with GPL 388_21224 (all other AX models)

Have I missed something as aren't these GPL versions the same as 388.1?

Most of these changes were from the last version 388.1 though, this looks a little miss leading. It would be better to indicate the changes the alpha has brought forward.

Although interesting that some AX models appear to have changed branch (I could be completely wrong) when looking at the build script:
Code:
- BRANCH_AX86=386.7_x
- BRANCH_AX68=386.7_x
+ BRANCH_AX86=master
+ BRANCH_AX68=master

Most of these changes were from the last version 388.1 though, this looks a little miss leading. It would be better to indicate the changes the alpha has brought forward.
These are really the changes from 388.1. No new GPL involved, only update of components and improvement on speed when use Wireguard.

Edit: OK, probably Octopus has edited his post after your answer ...

Seems to me the biggest change is DNSMASQ to 2.88 from 2.85.

The flash process was slow this go-around.
Anyone else experience/ notice this?

No, these are all new in 388.2.

RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 are on a slightly older GPL so they cannot be compiled alongside other models compiled from master. I won't be working on these two models until I get new GPLs sometime next month.

Just updated my two rt-ax86u and working fine. I can see Runner and Flowchace is on when using Wireguard.

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 17-11-30 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - System Information.png

Thank you for new builds.
@RMerlin

Easy and Smooth Dirty Flash over 388.1 with no anomalies (and all scripts working too).
@octopus I can confirm both Runner and Flow Cache are enabled, when WG active.
Momentarily tried OVPN and WG active and didn't see any network slowdown.
Real testing will begin after kids home from school.

Last edited:
RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 are on a slightly older GPL so they cannot be compiled alongside other models compiled from master. I won't be working on these two models until I get new GPLs sometime next month.
Are the new components or the change in WG not compatible with them?. Up to now, same changes in master where OK for AX88U and AX11000 branch.

Are the new components or the change in WG not compatible with them?.
Manually merging my development into two separate branches would be a waste of time since eventually these will rejoin the master branch.

Are the new components or the change in WG not compatible with them?. Up to now, same changes in master where OK for AX88U and AX11000 branch.
The new official firmware looks to have the WG changes.

Updated my GT-AX6000 to 388.2_alpha1-g0372e21e53 over 388.1 almost 2 hours ago. So far so good...

1673034489101.png

Thanks Éric.

All good on my RT-AX86U with WG, Cake and 31 devices on both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Diving in on this Alpha. Upgrading my RT-AX86U APs filthily first. Leaving router on Release build for now.

Initial upgrade was fine - no issues observed.

Still seeing the broken ethernet backhaul in the UI between my AX86Us, but working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!