What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this firmware allow hardware acceleration with WG enabled? That was a kicker for me
Dear new member bon did you bother read the first page of this thread ?

This might help you:

Dear arrogant member hervon I did read the first post and I had noticed a member posted a screenshot of HW acceleration seemingly showing as enabled with this firmware, unfortunately I'm not a coder so the changelog/first post wasn't clear enough for me to determine if HW acceleration now works with WG.

After doing my own testing I can confirm it does now work with WG (consistent speed test results with WG off and on).

Dear arrogant member hervon I did read the first post and I had noticed a member posted a screenshot of HW acceleration seemingly showing as enabled with this firmware, unfortunately I'm not a coder so the changelog/first post wasn't clear enough for me to determine if HW acceleration now works with WG.

After doing my own testing I can confirm it does now work with WG (consistent speed test results with WG off and on).
The reference might also be to post #12, which includes "I can confirm both Runner and Flow Cache are enabled, when WG active." Yes, that post could have been referenced (if that was in fact the intended reference), but it's also true that the information was there on page one (not the first post, which was never the claim made). This is a trivial thing - a 200Mbps (or whatever) variation in speed doesn't merit any arguments.

I think it does merit it when I was getting 550Mbps on 388.1 with Wireguard enabled and am now getting 900~Mbps on a Gigabit line with this Alpha firmware. That's a considerable improvement and one worth sharing I'd say. I hadn't realised this was one of those hostile forums - i'll stuck to my usual hangouts in future.

Does this firmware allow hardware acceleration with WG enabled? That was a kicker for me
@bon
Welcome to the Forums.
I am the poster of Post #12 regarding this fw and WG.
Since posting, I have not experienced any network slow downs utilizing both ovpn and wg (see my sig).
This alpha has been working flawlessly, since uploaded.

@hervon does not come off as arrogant to me. As a forum with members from around the globe, try assuming the best in people, not the worst, until proven otherwise.

Can't connect to NORDvpn, after fallback from ASUS the latest firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22238, back to Merlin 388.2 Alpha, but get the system Log:
ovpn-client1[8907]: --cipher is not set. Previous OpenVPN version defaulted to BF-CBC as fallback when cipher negotiation failed in this case. If you need this fallback please add '--data-ciphers-fallback BF-CBC' to your configuration and/or add BF-CBC to --data-ciphers.
Feb 10 13:19:11 ovpn-client1[8907]: Options error: You must define CA file (--ca) or CA path (--capath)
Feb 10 13:19:11 ovpn-client1[8907]: Use --help for more information.
Feb 10 13:19:11 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!
Since there is no such setting in Merlin firmware , such as Cipher Negotation and Legacy/fallback cipher,
will there be any one here can help me to solve this problem.
or can I fill in something in the attached fields ?

Thanks
Asus GT-AXE11000 @388.2 Alpha

Attachments​

• ScreenShot_20230210131509.jpeg
    ScreenShot_20230210131509.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot_20230210134921.jpeg

Can't connect to NORDvpn, after fallback from ASUS the latest firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22238, back to Merlin 388.2 Alpha, but get the system Log:
Please don`t crosspost the same question multiple times, it makes it harder for people to follow the discussion when trying to help you.

The OneDrive-Link in first post isn't working any more.
I don't see any files.

Does anyone know why 388.2 has remained in Alpha 1 for over a month ? Is there major issues needing work ? Just curious seems kinda strange for a Alpha build to be around so long.

Does anyone know why 388.2 has remained in Alpha 1 for over a month ? Is there major issues needing work ? Just curious seems kinda strange for a Alpha build to be around so long.

Eric already said he is waiting for some more GPL of other models to continue...
I guess that is the reason.

Ok that makes sense thanks !!
Is this Alpha build stable for the GT-AXE16000? Hopefully the 16000 is not the model he is waiting for the updates and is included in this Alpha build?

CC

Last edited:
Hopefully the 16000 is not the model he is waiting for the updates and is included in this Alpha build?
I haven't received any model GPL yet.

Installed on my GT-AXE-16000. Running perfectly. I can also confirm wireguard clients capped at 400 for d/l
others not on the VPN I am getting over 600.

Static ip's, 45 connections. SO far the best release to date. The routers GUI is super quick.

CC

The OneDrive-Link in first post isn't working any more.
I don't see any files.
Looks like they were moved into sub-folders now; should see 386 and 388 folders at the top level for the respective code streams.

Looks like they were moved into sub-folders now; should see 386 and 388 folders at the top level for the respective code streams.

Yep looks like the 386 branch has a new Alpha release, 386.10 Alpha 1, nothing new for the 388 branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.