What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't received any model GPL yet.

I hope they provide you with GPL for this latest stock release 3.0.0.4.388.22525 which so far seems to be running well on several AX models :).

I hope they provide you with GPL for this latest stock release 3.0.0.4.388.22525 which so far seems to be running well on several AX models :).
Yes, 22525 fix 7 issues on my machine:-
1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.

Installed on my GT-AXE-16000. Running perfectly. I can also confirm wireguard clients capped at 400 for d/l
others not on the VPN I am getting over 600.

Static ip's, 45 connections. SO far the best release to date. The routers GUI is super quick.

CC
I'm getting 700-800 with wireguard on my asus rtax86u,on official fw I get 500 at best so big improvement

Unfortunately disconnection of XT9 node with ethernet backhaul is still present, they are joking us with the "Improved AiMesh backhaul stability."
This is the 4th firmware in a row with this problem. All our feedbacks are not taken into account

I'm getting 700-800 with wireguard on my asus rtax86u,on official fw I get 500 at best so big improvement

You are getting 700-800 on the Wireguard connection?
What VPN service are you using?

CC

You are getting 700-800 on the Wireguard connection?
What VPN service are you using?

CC
I'm using Surfshark,usally between 700-750 but can hit 800 at times,alot of us are seeing huge gains with wireguard in the latest beta,don't know how merlin done it but I'm not complaining

I'm using Surfshark,usally between 700-750 but can hit 800 at times,alot of us are seeing huge gains with wireguard in the latest beta,don't know how merlin done it but I'm not complaining
I am using proton VPN and as before this frimware sticks at around 400 for the VPN connection. The difference for me was the NON VPN connections were up to speed. Before the NON VPN connections were also capped at around 400. Thats the only difference I see. I see no speed increase on the wireguard VPN connections.

CC

RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 are on a slightly older GPL so they cannot be compiled alongside other models compiled from master. I won't be working on these two models until I get new GPLs sometime next month.
Thanks ! Any news on the RT-AX88U model with the new 388.2 fw?

No way to know. Merlin has no GPL code from Asus so any further releases are on hold until they give him more GPL code.
Has this happened in the past, or is this a new issue with them withholding it?

Has this happened in the past, or is this a new issue with them withholding it?

It has happened in the past. Not sure there holding it, likely they just don't have any at this time to give him. I could be wrong but Asus seems to give him different GPL then they release to the public. Time will tell.

It has happened in the past. Not sure there holding it, likely they just don't have any at this time to give him. I could be wrong but Asus seems to give him different GPL then they release to the public. Time will tell.

Some new thing about diffrent distribution times from Asus, unlike before.
It started like 2 months ago or so, he started saying Asus changing distribution method/ times and says now the new releases will be slower.

Some new thing about diffrent distribution times from Asus, unlike before.
It started like 2 months ago or so, he started saying Asus changing distribution method/ times and says now the new releases will be slower.

Yes but if i recall Merlin was talking about the 386 AC branch. The 388 AX branch will be more timely.

Unfortunately disconnection of XT9 node with ethernet backhaul is still present, they are joking us with the "Improved AiMesh backhaul stability."
This is the 4th firmware in a row with this problem. All our feedbacks are not taken into account
You may have been way better off with 2 x XT9's - which, according to several independent reviews, play well together.

I recall having a lot of hassles some years back pairing an RT-AC86U [dual band] with an RT-AC53000 [tri-band] via AIMesh - and eventually decided it was best to mesh tightly compatible routers [dual-to-dual ... or tri-to-tri] with matching firmware wherever possible.

With the RT-AX86U and several other AX models - this Asus stock firmware [3.0.0.4.388.22525] genuinely seems to have resolved several buggy issues including AiMesh.

Anyway - you had found a solution according to this post of yours - so hope you have reverted the XT9 :D .

I just discovered that my web certificate is not populated. Must I turn on HTTPS to resolv it?
I don't use HTTPS on lan.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 16-27-21 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U Pro - DDNS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.