What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty flash from 388.1 on the system in my siggie. No problems yet but it's only been 20 minutes.
The openvpn/firewall problem is a shame but it's certainly no deal breaker - I have a server ready for it.

Have tried the new alpha build on 3 x AX88u since yesterday in a Mesh Setup, found some issues:
- OVPN Server does not work
- When I turn off LED's, they turn on after some hours, typically when I save conf again.

Formated JFFS and did a HardReset, the AiMesh was first connected then disconnected after 2 minutes.
Then the connection to 192.168.50.1 wasnt possible and tried it with router.asus.com wich worked.
Then in the UI everything was totaly laggy and took forever to switch to other Settings or Apply any Settings.
Could maybe also a driver Bug from Intel (channel 7209061) :rolleyes:
View attachment 48186

After 5 more minutes all fine again and the Speed is back too.
Left side shows not connected but all are connected and working well.
View attachment 48187
how to format router to jffs

I think the best firmware is 48664 of the 386 series, with the 388 series the router restarts every 50 minutes or so if I have the USB plugged in, in which I have more than 7,000 videos, 12,000 images and 10,000 songs apart from other things, I stay in the 48664 with 30 megabytes of free ram and without problems with 1gbps I download torrents at 78mb/s over wifi, which no other firmware can do... and with 30 megabytes of free ram to spare. yes, if I unplug the usb the free memory reaches 120 and everything goes just as well...

So

After 13h of upgrade, only bug I noticed is AiMesh page load is bugged.

it takes about 5-15 sec, not relevant if Hard Cache is done, to load AiMesh data.

Hope it'd be resolved.
Screenshot_20230227_174817_Chrome.jpg

Hey, I put 388.2 Alpha 2 on and noticed that my devices which were going via the WAN (laptops, phones etc) were taking longer to resolve. I have 2 clients using policy routing on surf shark using Openvpn UDP profile and set to strict which is what I had previously in 388.1. When I stopped the OpenVPN client browsing went back to normal on the WAN devices.

My question is am I using OpenVPN Client incorrectly or is there an issue with policy routing?

Cheers

Last edited:
There is a issue with OVPN firewall and needs to be fixed. Read post #180
Thanks, I had read post #180 but it seemed to be an OpenVPN Server issue (which I'm also experiencing) not OpenVPN Client

Clean upgrade from 388.2 alpha1 to 388.2 alpha2 on an RT-AX3000 (RT-AX58U firmware) with a simple setup and just a few customizations. Running for about 2 days now.

I had 5GHz issues with RT-AX86U_388.1_0 clients disconnecting randomly (mainly TVs/laptops/handhelds). The 5GHz including guest network disappeared momentarily from the client's wifi list although I still can see the radio is active from the 'System Log - Wireless Log'. This doesn't occur to 2.4GHz clients (mainly IoTs, NVR-cams/doors/lights/fans/switches/washer etc).

Last week I dirty flashed the 388.2_alpha1-g0372e21e53 but still having issues with the 5GHz, this time when it happened all the clients couldn't connect at all despite toggling the 5GHz radio off then on so I had to reboot. I didn't see anything relevant in the logs (set to debug) that I could report.

I have another RT-AX86U on 386.5_2 quite stable. Could high RAM usage contributes to such issue? I don't see any OOM though. TBH I have few things running on the router, ffmpeg dump from IP cams, smb for USB HDD access, rsyncd for nightly 3rd backups from a NAS, openvpn and postfix+opendkim for outbound smtp relays.

Dirty upgrade 388.1 to 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe, running about 45 mins, other than unbound, which needed a restart, everything came up fine and appears to be working as expected. Nothing unusual in the logs and no material issues seen; as noted by some other the AiMesh GUI seems a little slower to load (than under 388.1).

Will monitor and advise if any issues arise.

I think the best firmware is 48664 of the 386 series, with the 388 series the router restarts every 50 minutes or so if I have the USB plugged in, in which I have more than 7,000 videos, 12,000 images and 10,000 songs apart from other things, I stay in the 48664 with 30 megabytes of free ram and without problems with 1gbps I download torrents at 78mb/s over wifi, which no other firmware can do... and with 30 megabytes of free ram to spare. yes, if I unplug the usb the free memory reaches 120 and everything goes just as well...
I agree with you, so I downgrade my AX68U to 386.
388 (included alpha) use more memory than 386 and not stable.
388 : free memory less than 40mb.
386 : free memory around 80mb.
Traffic Analyzer UI may be frozen sometimes. Usually happen when memory is low.
disconnect 2 times. When I try to login ,router didn't response, so I had to switch off/on to solve this problem.
Even I setup reboot schedule to reboot everyday, It is not help.
I tried to read system log, but I couldn't find any useful information.

(I have more than 35 devices)

Nice to see the Pro version added to the Merlin family!

Firewall configuration is currently broken when setting up an OVPN server (proto is truncated when checking for udp or tcp).

Is there a manual way to mitigate this issue until the next Beta is released?

Anyone seeing some

Code:
kernel: potentially unexpected fatal signal 11
kernel: CPU: 2 PID: 7074 Comm: dnsmasq Tainted: P

On an AX88U running 388.2 Alpha 2?
I've seen 3 so far today.

Is there a manual way to mitigate this issue until the next Beta is released?
Not unless you want to manually configure iptables yourself. This is just an early alpha build, just don't use it at the moment if you need working OpenVPN.

Anyone seeing some

Code:
kernel: potentially unexpected fatal signal 11
kernel: CPU: 2 PID: 7074 Comm: dnsmasq Tainted: P

On an AX88U running 388.2 Alpha 2?
I've seen 3 so far today.
Not seen here.

Not unless you want to manually configure iptables yourself. This is just an early alpha build, just don't use it at the moment if you need working OpenVPN.
Sorry I meant Alpha I am working with Betas at work and I dont really wnat to mess with the iptables not my idea of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.