What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, so I downgrade my AX68U to 386.
388 (included alpha) use more memory than 386 and not stable.
388 : free memory less than 40mb.
386 : free memory around 80mb.
Traffic Analyzer UI may be frozen sometimes. Usually happen when memory is low.
disconnect 2 times. When I try to login ,router didn't response, so I had to switch off/on to solve this problem.
Even I setup reboot schedule to reboot everyday, It is not help.
I tried to read system log, but I couldn't find any useful information.

(I have more than 35 devices)
I also have more than 30 devices and apart from a 2tb hard drive with more than 12,000 songs, 10,000 videos and 20,000 photos, and with the 388 after 35 or 40 minutes, only some files on the hard drive restart, you shouldn't like it, which you don't It happens with no 386, with the latest version of 386 I think it is the 50xxx alexa does not link well to the router in the alexa application it puts asus token not valid, which with the previous 386 does work, with the 386 49873 there are microcuts, so which is the only perfect one that is 48664 I think it is... apart from the 388 versions every time I restart the router I have to enter the router in ai cloud put the password of my asus webstorage apply and also the ddns does not It is saved when you make a copy of the settings, which is from 386 48664 yes... I would try the latest 388 from Merlin but I'm afraid I don't know if it has to be updated as you update the official ones, if I would have to reconfigure everything... I don't know... so 48664 for now

I also have more than 30 devices and apart from a 2tb hard drive with more than 12,000 songs, 10,000 videos and 20,000 photos, and with the 388 after 35 or 40 minutes, only some files on the hard drive restart, you shouldn't like it, which you don't It happens with no 386, with the latest version of 386 I think it is the 50xxx alexa does not link well to the router in the alexa application it puts asus token not valid, which with the previous 386 does work, with the 386 49873 there are microcuts, so which is the only perfect one that is 48664 I think it is... apart from the 388 versions every time I restart the router I have to enter the router in ai cloud put the password of my asus webstorage apply and also the ddns does not It is saved when you make a copy of the settings, which is from 386 48664 yes... I would try the latest 388 from Merlin but I'm afraid I don't know if it has to be updated as you update the official ones, if I would have to reconfigure everything... I don't know... so 48664 for now

I don't use alexa, so I don't have this issue.
My version is 386.7_2 (Merlin).
It is hard to reconfigure everything for me too.
I used to reconfigure by script in Tomato version.
Is it an easy way to reconfigure in Merlin version? Like device name, static IP, port forward. etc.
Because of that, I don't reconfigure after I upgrade firmware.

I don't use alexa, so I don't have this issue.
My version is 386.7_2 (Merlin).
It is hard to reconfigure everything for me too.
I used to reconfigure by script in Tomato version.
Is it an easy way to reconfigure in Merlin version? Like device name, static IP, port forward. etc.
Because of that, I don't reconfigure after I upgrade firmware.
BUT IF I HAVE ALL THE CONFIGURATION IN a file cfg a config file of asus official if i update to merlin all the config runs ok? merlin has all the options of asus official? i config all....

New builds Alpha2 alpha2-g1edc12db87

RT-AX56U
RT-AX58U
RT-AX88U
GT-AXE11000
RT-AX88U_PRO

Last edited:
Still seeing the broken ethernet backhaul in the UI between my AX86Us, but working fine.
@dbell you will see this behavior if your AIMesh Node is on a newer release than your Core Router.

Updated to new alpha 2 build on AX88u.
Confirming OpenVPN server is working again.
Thanks RMerlin

Last edited:
alpha2-g1edc12db87
I
see the "IPv6 Update" for DDNS is enabled by default. Don't let this trip you up.

Last edited:
alpha2-g1edc12db87
I
see the "IPv6 Update" for DDNS is enabled by default. Don't let this trip you up.
Where do you see the "IPv6 Update" for DDNS? Can this be seen in the GUI?
Running this Alpha 2 on my two AX88Us with wireguard intersite between (uses Ipv4 public addresses).

Where do you see the "IPv6 Update" for DDNS? Can this be seen in the GUI?
Running this Alpha 2 on my two AX88Us with wireguard intersite between (uses Ipv4 public addresses).
Screenshot_2023-03-04-09-49-44-39_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

basedon https://github.com/gnuton/Asuswrt-Merlin-Toolchains-Docker

$PATH is
:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin

cd into release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x, run make rt-ax86u_pro, ended with error

Code:
common_utils.c:193:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strlcpy’; did you mean ‘strncpy’? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  193 |  strlcpy(*string, newstring, newlength + 1);
      |  ^~~~~~~
      |  strncpy
[shared] CC vpn_utils.o
[shared] LD libshared.so
arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-gcc.br_real: error: prebuild/api-broadcom.o: No such file or directory
make[5]: *** [Makefile:475: libshared.so] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/build/release/src/router/shared'
make[4]: *** [Makefile:3874: shared] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/build/release/src/router'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:33: router_all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/userspace'
make[2]: *** [build/Makefile:358: userspace] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:5932: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make: *** [Makefile:6147: rt-ax86u_pro] Error 2

Attachments

• make-error.txt
    78.7 KB · Views: 26
AiMesh Page still broken after updating Alpha2-> to Alpha 2 on AX88U, and on AX56U from Alpha1-> to Alpha 2.
I hope it would be resolved eventually.

Thank you @RMerlin for your hard job!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304_124339_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230304_124339_Chrome.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20230304_124244_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230304_124244_Chrome.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 98
cd into release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x, run make rt-ax86u_pro, ended with error
RT-AX86U Pro currently cannot be built from master, the 22525 GPL for that model hasn't been merged yet.

@RMerlin - smooth update AXE11000 from Asus 388_22525 to 388.2 Alpha2. Dirty upgrade, working as expected for ~18 hr. AIMesh issue has been noted by others. Note I've offloaded Ad blocking and Unbound to a RPi, so not currently running any scripts on the router. Thank you!

Latest alpha has a page load error. Accessing Administration>System the sidebar doesn't load locking the "Apply" button. This error survives factory resets. I'll go back to the previous alpha for now.

Latest alpha has a page load error. Accessing Administration>System the sidebar doesn't load locking the "Apply" button. This error survives factory resets. I'll go back to the previous alpha for now.
Just as an aside, I see that page has a “power save” setting on it. Hadn’t noticed that before……

Last edited:
Any update on the GT-AX11000?

Status
Not open for further replies.