What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I had some time to test RT-AX88U_388.2_alpha2-g1edc12db87 on my node. Main router always on 388.1
I made the following observation: although I had set 2.4 and 5 GHz "Router only" for guest network1, it was still available on the node.
1st step: dirty upgrade from 388.1
2nd step: remove node, reset node and connect it again.
3rd step: original software 300438822525 flashed
4th step: everything also with 5GHz

Always the same result - see above.

Back to 388.1 and everything is ok again even without a reset.

Maybe tomorrow I can continue testing with other software (original on both devices)

Hi guys, I'm still on version 386.8 which has been working perfectly for over 207 days which is over 6 months !
Sans titre 2.png

Sans titre 1.png

A real rock this version. I don't see the need to update for the moment.
Thanks to the developers and Merlin for your work and for the future updates ;)

Last edited:
I see Merlin has merged in 22525 for AX86U a few days ago. Why no release this has been in Alpha for months ?

Is it possible to release what you have. I see from the Aplha folder you have done this with other models.
Those are not releases, they are snapshot development builds that I may occasionally generate to test things.

Is it possible to release what you have. I see from the Aplha folder you have done this with other models.
Alpha's should be taken with a grain of salt and never used on "mission critical" pieces unless you're fine with having to revert if it does not work as expected.

What specific feature are you looking for that's in these Alpha's?

The Alpha 1 build for the RT-AX86U will work on your RT-AX86S if you want to try it out...

Did anyone test the new firmware on an AX-RT88U-PRO yet? I need to order a router for someone and this one would fit the bill with its dual 2.5G ports for WAN and LAN. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Did anyone test the new firmware on an AX-RT88U-PRO yet? I need to order a router for someone and this one would fit the bill with its dual 2.5G ports for WAN and LAN. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Consider the GT-AX6000.

I'm actually trying to set up one right now. The Administration-System tab does not work so I cannot enable and format the JFFS partition. The save button doesn't work, so I also can't enable SSH. A hard-reset didn't fix it.
1678562855185.png

FYI.. I had been running Asus Stock 388, had everything working well, then dirty upgrade to Merlin 388.2 Alpha2 and all of the preconfigured settings remained. If you cannot make settings changes on the Admin/System tab and still want to use this Alpha 2 you can first set it up with stock, then dirty flash. I haven't tried the backup I created before flashing Alpha2, but have no reason to suspect that a backup from Stock 388 wouldn't work with a fresh Alpha2.
edit: note you likely can't get the JFFS partition to format by GUI but you definitely can set enable SSH and change port before flashing Alpha2 and it will work. I am able to SSH in and could likely format JFFS on command line.

1678587118760.png

Last edited:
Have set my AX88U with 2 AIMesh to WPA3 and when I try to connect to my HP Printer then it shows in the Display
that my AX88U have no Security and that they are open, but before on 388 it worked all fine.
Anyone else having a HP Printer and could report back please, strange issue :oops:

I'm actually trying to set up one right now. The Administration-System tab does not work so I cannot enable and format the JFFS partition. The save button doesn't work, so I also can't enable SSH. A hard-reset didn't fix it.
View attachment 48437
I have the same problem on both of my RT-AX88U after updating to this alpha release.

This is a known issue. It has since been resolved, and it will be in the next iterative build.

Last edited:
For some reason i'm trying to flash the latest test build onto my parents GT-AX11000 and it says the flash is successful, but when i go back into the admin page it's still showing the old firmware?

For some reason i'm trying to flash the latest test build onto my parents GT-AX11000 and it says the flash is successful, but when i go back into the admin page it's still showing the old firmware?
Disconnect any USB devices connected to the router, power cycle the router and try again!

Will the Gnuton builds also be updated to the 22525 code base to align with the main?

Status
Not open for further replies.