What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT-AXE16000 all firmware.

@RMerlin Could you fix it or report it to Asus?

Missing temperature information: Advanced_PerformanceTuning_Content.asp
WIFI 5Ghz_2 and 6Ghz missing

Tools_Sysinfo.asp: ok
Képkivágás2.JPG

Advanced_PerformanceTuning_Content.asp: no ok :(
Képkivágás.JPG

Bonding / Link aggregation 802.3ad doesn’t seem to be working on the GT-AX11000 after updating to 388.2 alpha 2. It was working correctly prior to the update. Cycled link aggregation on and off on both devices.

Set the bridge and bond up again on my Ubuntu server 802.3ad with MII, but eth cable 2 (enp3s0) isn’t connecting as a bond (lacks bond0 state). Jumbo packets isn’t reporting MTU 9014 which is what it’s setup as which means it must not be in use or being detected as bond. Led on the server is solid amber on enp3s0 also and not flashing in sync with enp2s0.

IPv4 is setup on bridge.

(Ubuntu)
44E25379-5C3E-428F-9B8D-63C49A464F20.jpeg

Mtu in a bridge falls to the lowest mtu of devices set in a bridge. enp4s0 is set at 1500 mtu which might make the bridge0 mtu 1500, but bond 0 is 9014 as well as bond connections (enp2s0 & enp3s0). I’ve tried to remove enp4s0 from the bridge as well in case it was an issue with mtu but link aggregation doesn’t seem to connect correctly still.

Not an issue I’m asking to be resolved will downgrade to last update just reporting it as a bug.

EDIT: reverted to 388.1 and link aggregation works again Led's are flashing in sync.

ip addr.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 48503

Both are alpha 2 (unless their is another revision yet to be released for the node)
I see the same issue - AiMesh page not loading properly for 10 seconds but then is updated correctly on 388.2 alpha with latest stock on nodes.

Definitely different to how it works with 388.1.

Kind of a cosmetic issue as it corrects itself after a few seconds

Updated without reset from 388.1. Working well so far, but it's early yet *smile*. Only 2 hours of media streaming so far on this one, but no problems yet. Good start.

Tested on my father's router rt-ac86u today and the update works fine, but I wonder when it will come to my rt-ax86u pro? It was not on the list of the newest alpha

Have a good day otherwise, Samuel wishes

RT-AX88U_388.2_alpha2-g099892a1cf fixes the Administration>System tab, woohoo!! 😁

Updated with reset from 388.1 (GT-AX6000)
NVRAM reset recommended as several hidden internal settings changed to new defaults. Also bootloader update from 1.0.0.1 to 1.0.0.4
Double thumps up for the new wireless site survey page.👍👍

Last edited:
Smooth upgrade and 6 hours without any issues. Clean logs and great performance!! :)

@RMerlin - Any chance to get Curl updated to the latest? Currently 7.84 (Jun 2022) and latest 7.88.1 (Feb 2023). https://curl.se/docs/releases.html

A very smooth upgrade for me, followed by a standard re-boot after 30mins. No faults or glitches that I've seen, yet. I don't usually bother with any of the Alpha releases as my setup is quite simple (by comparison to others) but I was keen to see if a small DDNS issue that I had on 388.1 has been dispatched now, so I waited for this 2nd Alpha release and have give it a shot. I'll look at that DDNS issue in detail this coming weekend, but meanwhile, it's all good for me.

@RMerlin Could you fix it or report it to Asus?
That page isn't used by the stock firmware, so they never updated it to support the GT-AXE16000's extra radios.

I am currently considering completely dropping this page anyway.

Any chance to get Curl updated to the latest?
Why?

New Curl versions frequently introduced new bugs, which is why I stopped updating it regularly. There is little point in updating it, as the vast majority of its features aren't used by the router.

Since Curl is like a mini-browser connecting to the Internet and used by many add-ons I thought it would be good to keep up to date with bug-fixes and vulnerabilities like desktop-browsers, but never mind...

Performed dirty upgrade on my AX11000 and had issues with re-establishing WAN link after reboot. If I disabled it and re-enabled the WAN, it would slowly but eventually re-establish. Did not have the issue with 388.1. Also experienced the slow response to the AI_Mesh page (10-12 seconds to fully provide data). GUI seemed sluggish all around, even after 12 hours sit time. I did factory reset and upload config from 388.1 but did not rebuild from scratch. Decided just a bit ago to fallback to 388.1 and after factory reset and upload of config, it's running as expected (snappy GUI and no issues with the AI_Mesh or WAN connection).

Signature is correct with my Mesh Nodes info.

RT-AX88U_388.2_alpha2-g099892a1cf seems to have problems with 5Ghz wifi. Came home from work and noticed 5Ghz wasn't available. Ran a wifi analyzer and saw the 5G was coming up for about 5 seconds before dying again - like completely gone for 20 seconds. It did this continually before I rebooted the router.
I'm sticking with it to see if it happens again. Is there anything I can test for you @RMerlin?

Since Curl is like a mini-browser connecting to the Internet and used by many add-ons I thought it would be good to keep up to date with bug-fixes and vulnerabilities like desktop-browsers, but never mind...
Over the years, the resolved issues tended to mostly be for advanced features that aren't enabled (like HTTP/2 support).

I might eventually update it (unless Asus does in the meantime), it's just a low priority now since too often an update broke something.

Thank You RMerlin!
GT-AX6000 Dirty Upgrade from previous alpha, and zero issues with network (VPNs and scripts all working as intended).
Upgraded fw in early morning, Family and devices had zero connection issues.

Performed, without any issues, a dirty upgrade this morning on my GT-AX6000 from 388.2_alpha1-g0372e21e53.

Thanks RMerlin...

This will happen if your node is on a newer build than your main.
You keep replying to these kinds of posts with this comment as though it is the root cause, which is demonstrably false. It happens when both are on the same version too. But at least the link indicator now seems to be working and not showing the broken grey line.

Updated with reset from 388.1 (GT-AX6000)
NVRAM reset recommended as several hidden internal settings changed to new defaults. Also bootloader update from 1.0.0.1 to 1.0.0.4
Double thumps up for the new wireless site survey page.👍👍

Reset is not suggested in Changelog. Wondering where this recommendation is coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.