1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC86U AC68U AiMesh Problems

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Grigione, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Grigione

Grigione Regular Contributor

Hello,I have AC86U (fw:3.0.0.4.384_32799) main router and AC68U (fw:3.0.0.4.384_32738) as AiMesh node and there is a problem with AiMesh roaming.AC86U roaming correctly all devices (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz) near it but AC68U roaming only devices 5 GHz and all devices 2.4 GHz are connect on main router AC86U.Can someone help me?Thanks

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

Is the 68U node 2.4 GHz radio broadcasting?

Given the 2.4 GHz Roaming Assistant RSSI default of -55 dBm, what is the router's and node's observed 2.4 GHz signal power level at the point you think the clients should roam?

OE

HowIFix likes this.
  4. Grigione

Main router -70dBm , about -50 dBm node aimesh...the problem was that device 2.4GHz don't connect to AC68U node.If I disable Roaming ,again 2.4GHz devices don't connect to near node AC68U....is this a firmware bug?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. Grigione

Ok....solved (....maybe!).....hardware reset on AC86U an AC68U

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!