What's new

AC86U Not Retaining QoS Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sean

Occasional Visitor
In Bandwidth Monitor, I assign all of my devices the High-Low assignment, but these settings are not retaining. A hard reboot wipes these out, and they will disappear even without doing that after a day or two. I am running Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3. I have seen other posts in regards to this, has anyone figured out a fix? Thanks.

In Bandwidth Monitor, I assign all of my devices the High-Low assignment, but these settings are not retaining. A hard reboot wipes these out, and they will disappear even without doing that after a day or two. I am running Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3. I have seen other posts in regards to this, has anyone figured out a fix? Thanks.

Just a reminder that one of the first things to check if settings won't save/disappear is your nvram use on the Tools>Sysinfo page. You need a minimum of about 3-4 Kbytes free for things to run correctly.

qos_rulelist gets reset to factory default values whenever the router is rebooted. Since I can't find any occurence in the code where that particular variable might be overwritten, I have to assume the bug lies in the closed-source libnvram (which does contain one reference to that string). Would also explain why it only happens with the RT-AC86U.

Nothing I can do about it, that will have to be resolved by Asus.