What's new

AC87U and Ring Camera Picture Quality

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

radar2000

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone.

I have several Ring camera products that I’ve been running for several years now. When I first installed these Ring products the picture quality was sharp and clear. Over the past year or so, I’ve noticed the picture quality has degraded… like going from 1080p to 480p. These Ring cameras have been running through my AC87U router, which is running on the last Merlin firmware. Signal strength to these cameras are high.

What’s confusing, my family have the same cameras but instead of going through a separate router, they are just using their ISP’s modem with built in router and their picture quality is perfect… what I used to have. We have the same ISP.

Does anyone know if there are any router settings that I should be using to restore my picture quality? Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!